1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much time do you spend listening to music?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lawrence, Sep 6, 2015.

?

How much time do you spend listening to music?

1. 1 hour or less (7 hours or less per week)

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 2 - 4 hours (14 - 28 hours per week)

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. 5 - 7 hours (35 - 49 hours per week)

15 vote(s)
    23.4%
  4. 8+ hours (56+ hours per week)

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I suck at finding new music, and listening to old music can be a bit meh. But somewhere around 6 hours, maybe. I've had periods of listening to 10+ h/day.

#21 Invidia, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. Ryu

Ryu

I guess about 2-4 hours a day, maybe a bit more. I spend about half an hour total on the bus to and from school every day, a fair amount of time (1-3 hours a day at least) playing guitar when I get home, so I'll end up playing along to stuff, and about twice a week I'll sit down and listen to an album (stolen from my dads Cd collection).

3. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Option 2.
    Easily Option 4 about ten years ago.

4. Rainbows~Exist

About 2 - 4 hours a day. I only listen to music when waiting/riding the bus to college and back, taking my dog out and working on my art :slight_smile:

5. timo

I voted 5-7 hours a day but it could easily be more. Not sure. Depends on how much I have planned for the weekend, and how much I have to do away from my desk at work.

At work I tend to have my headphones on with Spotify, and when I'm at home my iTunes or record player are almost constant playing music.

6. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have that much time to listen to music, but the best opportunity is in the morning when I drive to work and in the afternoon/evening when I drive home :grin:
    In the office we have a radio, so there's music the whole working day, but I don't count that...I don't really like all this radio music and stuff from the charts.

7. L0ser

It can anywhere from no music a day to listening to it quite literally all day. But I'd say 5-7 hours a week. I haven't been listening to a ton of music recently, and most albums I've been excited for in 2015 have been a bit disappointing. But I'll listen when I wake up, at school, going home, just staying up at night reading or surfing the web, etc.

But it's starting to ramp up again, so I'm sure I'll be at 8 hours a day before too long.

8. horrorgeek

It really depends on the day for me because of school (yuck). I do listen to music on the bus to and from school, and in study hall if possible, and at home on weekends I listen to music pretty much the entire day, probably as much as 12 hours. Now that I'm actually thinking about the actual numbers here, that's pretty crazy.

9. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have music always playing in the background. My friends joke that I have a soundtrack to my life. :roflmao:

10. Aster

Probably 8+ hours. I'd much rather listen to music then the voices of those around me. I mostly listen to it when I'm getting the bus to school and back, when I'm asleep and, if I can get away with it, during my lessons.

Guess who's going to be deaf by the time they're 30...

11. Formality

It depends on the day, but in general whenever I don't require silence to do something I will be listening to music. Mostly when I study or sit by the computer, or do household stuff like cooking or cleaning. Also when I'm in the car going somewhere

12. Mateo

I'm almost always listening to music. When I go to work we have an overhead radio system on in the store during business hours and if i'm there before business hours I have my headphones on. If i'm in the back room we have a stereo that's always on.

When i'm at home I'm almost always by my computer listening to either my Itunes, Pandora or Youtube. When I go to bed I listen to my Ipod and now I've learned i've got the K-pop channel back on my cable so i'll have that on a lot as well.

13. Images and Words

8+ hours a day. I listen to music for 2 hours on the journey to/from school. 2 Hours during study periods, 1 Hour during lunch and about 6 or 7 hours when I get home.

14. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I'm going to, or coming home from work.

15. mallix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i spend a lot of time listening to music and playing music.
    It helps set the tone for the day. It cheers me up when I need it to, and it helps me release when i feel emotional.

music is a powerful tool!

16. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually I listen to music when I'm on the bus going to and from places. Nothing better than to drown out everything else! Other times when I'm at home at the computer, or if I'm sorting out freshly washed clothes to put away I'll have something to match my mood.

17. deathorbs

deathorbs Guest

It varies, but usually 5-7 hours/day. I listen to music whenever I can in my freetime, and at work, sometimes in class if I can get away with it...