1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He is my best friend and i fell hard for him. Does he like me like that.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Superconffused, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Superconffused

Ok so I was gonna make an account a couple months prior cause I needed answers but never got to it. Let me start by saying sorry cause I got a lot to say and my thoughts are very jumbled so please bare with me.

Just a quick intro to me, I'm currently in a relationship with my girlfriend while I got this huge ass crush on my best friend. It kills me sometimes but I get over it thinking he is just straight and does like me like that. I don't want to give too much detail as this is the Internet and I a fairly new to this site.

So I have a friend that by all accounts is as straight as a board but gives me mixed signals. Or so I think he does. So I think I should state all the reasons I think he is straight and all the reasons I think he could be straight.

For straight:
    1. He has hu with girls before
    2. We constantly talk about girls and he asks me advice, cause I'm two years older than him, on girls and sex and stuff
    3. He is super duper masculine and loves to work out.
    4. Opposite of me, is really closed off to his feelings. He opens up to me once in a while.
    5. Has a hard exterior
    6. Whenever we see a hot girl in public we got get that look.
    7. He calls me his big brother and that its thicker than blood.
    8. When I asked him to message me he kept making excuses.
    9. He talks about wanting a wife and kids and living that life.
    10. Wants sex really bad
    11. He says he loves me as a brother.
    12. He never texts me first.

For gay:
    1. First time I ever really talked to him he said he was bi. Probably joking but I kinda kept that in the back of my mind.
    2. He has said that if I was a girl he would go for me.
    3. LOVES to fight me and wrestle n shit
    4. Has sent me subtle memes or picture that could be interpreted gay or just funny so I just laugh.
    5. He lets me give him a message for a long ass time.
    6. We were on the bus one time and I said my shoulders hurt and he quickly started messaging them.
    7. We "kinda cuddle" sometimes.
    8. He hasn't had a long term girlfriend. But think that is due to his part of having anger issue.
    9. He says I love you often.
    10. Holds my hand sometimes fingers locked
    11. I catch him staring often.

A side note I try my hardest to hint at me liking him and he calls me gay when I do, as a joke, and these are pretty out there hints like "when we gone fuck" or "you look low key hot in that pic" but never says like stop or does anything. Confused about that. He's not stupid and can catch a clue. I'm sorry I am throwing thoughts out there he originally started talking to him cause I thought he was cute and big asf! And I had no intentions of becoming friend so I think it went me thinking he was cute and kind of going in with no real goal or relationship and came out a brother for life and the first guy I loved. I would much rather have him as a friend than in a relationship but i feel there is always some kind of tension between us. I don't know if its sexual but I have never had that feeling anyone else

I want to give really specific moments but I don't want to even chance him finding out about this. So what do you guys think? These are my conclusions. He only likes me as a friend and is very comfortable with his sexuality and just plays around. He is into me but doesn't want to be gay. He likes me but can't tell if I like him back. He is straight and I may be the only guy he actually likes romantically.

Thanks for reading and please tell me what you think!!

#1 Superconffused, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The listed reasons aren't really clear in either direction, and it can be easy to misinterpret things when you have a crush. Have you thought about telling him you might be bi or questioning? What does he say about bi/gay people?

3. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Doesn't seem enough for me to think he's a rainbow.
    Sooooooo...how about you give us those ssssssspecific moments...?
    It might help us finding out.

4. Superconffused

Thanks you guys for your input it's really appreciated!

resu, yeah I might read into things too much but I cannot come out that just isn't an option right now! And that would change the dynamic of our friendship.

Phioo, yeah ok so We were in the jacuzzi just chilling with other people in there and held my hand fingers locked for like 2 minutes. And one night we were texting and I sent him a pic asking if I would date him and he said without hesitation yes. He has also said I am everything he likes in a women. And like the next day we were texting and we kept on calling each other gay and stuff, I am trying to play the game, and he came back with "well I am better at being straight than you!" So yeah maybe these aren't concrete examples but what masculine testosterone filled man does these things. He has established that he loves me but I can't help but think it's a little deeper.

5. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you should tell him your gay atleast if he's so comfortable saying all these things it sounds like he wouldn't have a problem.

6. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Ok, that's definitely suspicious.
    I'll try to think of something.

7. Superconffused

Gamer4Now, yeah I thought not totally coming out to him but just telling him I've started to fall for you, which I think he knows cause like man he has to know I've done everything but tell him, but anyways I'm not sure if I want to entirely do that because I'm not sure if I want our brotherhood to change. We are really close and I don't want to jeopardize that unless I'm completely sure.

Thank you guys for your input really! It's pretty awesome to have a community like this!

---------- Post added 7th Sep 2015 at 12:01 PM ----------

Oh another thing about the memes he sends me. I think he uses those to show his true feelings because like it can be taken as a joke if I overreact but he has sent me pic of a truth teller saying I will fuck him, a minion doing a kissy face, an I'm horny rn pic, a remote where all the buttons are sex positions, and current mood with the heart eyes emojis! Weird right!

8. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    How about you start with the classics?
    Like, ask him if he's okay with same sex marriage and shit but of course don't go straight to him asking that question. Be a sneaky lil ho.

9. Superconffused

Update:
    So I had basketball practice today and he has a shoulder injury right now, we both play basketball, and he was all over me today and at one point he put his arm around me when we were on the sidelines and then he rested his head on my shoulder when the convo went silent!!!! What!!! And he was still all around me! Bro idk man he is my brother and I love him but he seriously is just ugh!

---------- Post added 8th Sep 2015 at 06:49 PM ----------

Phioo, yeah I think he is okay with gay marriage idk for a fact but there is a friend of his that all of his friend think is bi, cause he has had a girlfriend for a year and they haven't done anything no I guess he has gay tendencies, but yeah he says like Brad might be bi but I have no problem with that like be you! So he is not homophobic! But gay marriage idk

10. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Mmm...
    Are there any people you know that think the same as you? Or atleast find him very weird sometimes?

11. Superconffused

Phioo yesss! Like even before I met him some people around said he did weird shit like gay things And before one of our friends called us a gay couple hahah!

12. Superconffused

Update: I don't have much time right now but I need to say that we did have a talk about lgbtq people.

13. Superconffused

Continued: so he has no problem with lgbtq people and that was good to hear. I asked him if he wanted a #mcw and he said yes haha. So on the right track now so I'm just going to ride wave and go with the flow :slight_smile:!

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those are some positive updates.

15. Superconffused

Yeah resu,
    I am believing more and more that he might have feelings for me and like just me as in he totally loves girls but I'm that one dude he might like more than friends. Perfect example we were talking about one of his used-to-be good friends Isaiah and that he changed a lot and pretty much didn't fully say he was gay but had some tendencies. Then like 5 min later I flirt with him, he is more responsive of my flirts, asking him if he wants a #mce and he said yes! Like I've read a lot of online blogs about this and it seems fairly common. But tbh I'm in a good place with him and my gf and if something is willed to happen then it will happen but I'd rather not jeprodize my brotherhood with him. I will definitely update you with something dramatic happens but for now thank you to all who replied and I hope Phioo is back soon! Lol

16. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  17. Superconffused

Oh gee wardrobeescaper, why do you say that?

18. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Would want you guys to have a fall out and you get hurt.

19. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wouldn't even. Damn auto correct

20. Superconffused

Thanks but I don't think it will ever get to that point. Quick update nothing much has changed but idk if it's me but he is more touchy in public now. He willingly lets me hold him and touch him which is cool and he sometimes recuperates back and we don't directly hold hands but subconsciously we like interlock fingers n shit and I just started to notice this. But as soon as he senses or feels like it's getting weird he stops immediately so I'm not sure what that means. But I was definitely in love with him like head over heels but it's died down a little which I think is better for the both of in a sense. So that's where I am at right now. Thank you again to everyone who has helped me in this process. I've got my eye on this one guy who I think could possibly be closeted gay, I have gotten quiet good at spotting them. He is pretty built and has a baby face and is shy and sweet! Lol probably nothing will come out of it but who cares!