1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Song ideas?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by shadowraptor, Sep 3, 2015.

1. shadowraptor

Hi guys! So in a few months I'm going to be giving a speech about coming to know yourself and I figured that talking about my experiences with questioning my sexuality and dealing with other problems would be a good way to do that. The catch is that I have to accompany my speech with a song, one preceding and one following, which is where I turn to you.

I have a general idea of the direction I want my speech to take: I'm going to start with talking about my fears, what they came from, progressing into the idea that everyone has something that they want to hide or that there's more to a lot of people that meets the eye. I plan on following that with the idea that those flaws, quirks, secrets, etc. are what make us who we are and we shouldn't be ashamed of them.

Because I want my songs to echo the flow of the speech, I've tentatively chosen to begin with "Dollhouse" by Melanie Martinez and finish with either "Flaws" by Bastille or "True Colors" by Zedd. Ideally I want the songs to have a melancholy feel while still capturing the idea and not being so well-known and popular as to be cliché, which is why I think that "Dollhouse" fits so well, and that I've developed a personal connection with it as a lot of the problems I've faced stems from conflict within my own family.

So what I'm asking for is song ideas - whether it be about loving yourself, accepting your flaws, being okay with being imperfect, individuality; whatever. Anything and everything helps at this point, and even though I have several months to think about it this is something that has the potential to be life changing for me and potentially even the people I'll be talking to. It's very important to me, and I just want to make sure I get it right. I hope you can forgive me for my rambling, you guys are all amazing. (&&&)

2. monome

3. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    True Colors isn't a bad idea but by Cyndi Lauper instead