1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Vatican Declares that Transgenders do not Qualify to be Godparents

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Purp, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

Absolutely.

2. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

What exactly is the point of the Vatican anyway? They can't exactly say anything, the religion is full of pedophiles.

3. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I still think that the US government should label the Catholic church as a hate group..

4. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Even though I'm Catholic, I don't agree with everything being said. I at least admire the honesty but that's not how you want people to join the Church. Such a shame many people are dropping out of it because people say things like this. Should be a bit more inclusive.

5. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Catholics believe that if you're born with a vagina, you're a girl. If you were born a dick, you're a guy.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything they say, but I understand where they are coming from. Besides, you can't be godparents cannot have ever been divorced and must be devout as devout gets in the church.
    The requirements are strict enough as it is.

6. Im Hazel

Literally how? I think I misunderstood you.

7. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not really surprised, being Catholic myself.. I will say all this just for being a godparent seems a bit much, but I understand the churches views; even if someone may disagree, however it doesn't mean that he can't be apart of the child's life; godparent is just a title, it doesn't really mean much. You don't need a title to be a good guardian to a child.

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if i had another child and wanted a trangender person to be the Godparent, and i know several who would make fantastic ones. and a church said no, the child would be Baptised somewhere else.

9. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My immediate reaction to the text of this post "Vatican Declares that Transgenders do not Qualify to be Godparents"......
    Immediate Reaction......."F*$k that"

10. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Update.... Vatican version 2.311683 (AKA 2.3veryone,1GBT,1ntersex,6irls,8oys+infinity*infinity*infinity to the power of infinity,3verything) declares that transgenders qualify to be godparents

(BTW if you want to see something interesting, turn upside down your computer and look at the numbers on my beige colored profile pic)

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2015 at 08:22 AM ----------

Vatican version 2.31168216833333333333338888888888888888888888888888

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2015 at 08:28 AM ----------

Vatican version 2.31768216833333333333333333333333333338888888888888869696888888888883333333338888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 declares that transgenders can be godparents

#30 NaomiB, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  11. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *Transgender people

Who cares about what the church thinks? What kind of influence does the pope still have anyway? It doesn't surprise anyone, I'm sure.

12. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Ya, I have always wondered about the origin of the word "transgenders" as opposed to "transgender", "transgender people", etc. .......it seemed to come out some time probably 1.5 to 2 years ago or something and everybody seemed to be rolling with it........it sounded really weird at first like a word that like it is separating us into some "other" group or something (Those transgenders are so weird and out there). But it seemed to gain so much steam around the world that the vocabulary didn't seem to matter so much since everyone in the world seems to be calling us "transgenders" in both positive(and of course negative ways from j***s(<<Schroedinger's Jesus)), that the term "transgenders" seems to now have almost a positive ring to it, even if perhaps it was bore out hatred and fear of the unknown.

I myself want to be referred and seen as a woman who happens to be a transgender person and not "a transgender".....but i mean if someone else doesn't mind being called "a transgender" then I don't see a problem.

Just like RuPaul doesn't mind being called a tranny...............I most certainly do though because of the negative context behind it and it is definitely worse than being called a "transgender".

Just like 8*******8 doesn't mind being called "a transgender"........I most certainly do though because of the (negative??? context....is there still a negative context...idk I'm confused, that term is just so fing odd to me) behind it.

I don't know why I used that term in this instance(this is actually first time EVER I've used the term transgenders)......perhaps it was the universal context of it and the relatively new odd term "transgenders" seems to be the current most well known word when referring to a transgender person(from people who are unfamiliar with the trans* community or trans* people), even though it still feels very odd to me and most certainly odd and perhaps even insulting to many other trans* people.
    Perhaps I should make a correction to make it more universal.......

Vatican version 2.317682168333333333333333333333333333388888888888 88869696888888888883333333338888888888888888888888 888888888888888888888888888888 declares that trans* people and/or ("transgenders" only if there is currently a positive context to it and depending on the degree to which the term "transgenders" was bore out of hate or ignorance...if any at all), can be godparents

#32 NaomiB, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  13. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've decided and promised myself something a couple of weeks ago and I think I may have broke that promise in this post. I could not edit it because I guess I cannot edit after 15 minutes but I must correct myself..... the part talking about Schroedinger I must rephrase to this.....
    (and of course negative ways.....which is not a good action at ALLLLLL)

14. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    The Vatican "forgave" Galileo for saying the world was not the centre of the universe in the early 20th century, so you might have to wait until the year 2500 before Trans* people are deemed to be OK.
    In my experience religions don’t have a good track record in dealing with reality.
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

15. Summer Rose

Well, it took until recently for them to admit gays and lesbians weren't actually blood thirsty demons that devour the hearts of young children, or something. Baby steps.

Regardless, I'm not fussed about what insults an old man in a silly hat throws at me.

16. Linthras

Linthras Guest

In my family, it's not just to make uncles or friends feel special, but an unwritten agreement that, should something terrible happen, they'd take care of the children until they were of age.
    Nothing to do with Catholicism/Christianity.

17. FootballFan101

1. The pope does not represent the views of all catholics

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Might convert to prodestantism

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2015 at 10:41 PM ----------

Umm just like 10 priests (10 priests to many)

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2015 at 10:43 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Lol i laughed at this

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2015 at 10:47 PM ----------

Good one

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2015 at 10:50 PM ----------

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
    That is 100% true

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2015 at 10:51 PM ----------

Where is this wonderful place

Im sorry ill stop posting now

#37 FootballFan101, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  18. ThroughTheMist

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My particular congregation is in this city on the shore of Lake Superior. One of at least three UCC congregations in my city. I go to one, my (gay) choir director goes to another about a mile away and directs their choir, and I have no idea where the third is. The official position of the UCC (United Church of Christ) is to be open and affirming to LGBT+ people, but not all UCC congregations actually are open and affirming. Apparently, at mine, the pastor used the word "lesbian" from the pulpit in a positive way something in the order of 20 years ago.

19. DoriaN

Thankful I'm Christian. It can be so easy to get caught up into hate and blindness, with practices, rules, and organizations of men. Babylon will fall soon.

1 John 4:1
    "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. "

1 John 4:7-21
    "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also."

Romans 13:10
    "Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."

Love you all ^^

20. Linthras

Linthras Guest

So are Catholics.