1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is gearing up for Metal Gear Solid V?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lazuri, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Lazuri

It's completely within the realm of possibilities for the other platforms, but for PC I'm pretty sure the chances are literally nil.

As for FOBs, I've noticed that just going loud seems to be the most effective way to make it to the core, unless a defender shows up. I don't play FOBs, but I do sink a lot of resources into making my FOB secure to scare off invaders and out of all the times I've been attacked, the only guy who made it was the one who really just gunned everything right the fuck down. However, if I had been there, I'm pretty sure I would've been able to oneshot him with my Serval. FOBs are insanely difficult as an attacker, they really are; I've tried to attack my own FOB several times, but I never even get close. It takes a person with more than my own considerable infiltration skills to get to the core of a well guarded FOB. It is by far the most challenging infiltration to make in this game.

2. Nobo

Mgs5

Anyone eltse think the game went from 15/10 to 1/10 when it hit chapter 2 I quit at chapter 2 mission 2 I just can't do it with no guns and riot gear guys all over the place:bang::bang::bang::bang:

3. Nobo

#NeverBeGameOver

4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Mgs5

You don't have to play those missions to finish the story. Just finish the episodes and sideops with a yellow marker. I don't know why people keep missing that.

Anyway, while we are here, this is the latest tally of nuclear weapons per server:

[​IMG]

#84 RawringSnake, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  5. Nobo

Re: Mgs5

Nothing in chapter 3 has been found in the code sept a final mission where Eli rakes control of sahalanthropus and the title card
    #NeverBeGameOver

6. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Psssst, PC players (LAZURI!), the beta for Metal Gear Online 3 is LIVE!!!

7. BornAnew

One of my biggest didappointments of all time :frowning2: .

To keep it short, great gameplay but a piss poor story told in a very ineffective way. Who's idea was it to put major plot points in frikkin tapes?

Anyway it is sad snake has gone out with such a poor MGS game.

Also Quiet? All those bum and cleavage pans the camera does? The scene where she is dancing the rain with the cinematography resembling that of a strip club scene in a movie? How old are you Kojima? This is digusting! And I know MGS has done stuff like this before but this was beyond anything we saw before and the reason for her cleavage was so silly!

Gosh this game took one of my fav franchises and dumped it into nothingness. Hopefully I'll feel less disappointed in time and remember more of the positives

#87 BornAnew, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  8. Lazuri

I tried it, but the game kept crashing and disconnecting me.

People need to stop treating games as though they're movies.

If "great gameplay" is a cause for disappointment for you when playing video games, you don't got your priorities straight.

9. Ryu

Ryu

I would presume that the decision to put a fair few of the plot points onto cassetes is because people probably were complaining about to many cutscene and not enough actual gameplay (eg. Out of a 20hrs game, 6hrs of mgs3 are cutscenes).

Also, the 'piss poor story' is probably a combination of not listening to all of the cassettes and kojima dropping out halfway through the production of the game.

As to the scene with quiet in the rain, it's not that kojima is a straight, horny teenage boy, but the main demographic of the game is straight, horny teenage boys, and if it sells copies of the game, it sells copies of the game. Also, again, it might of been konami's choice because of a new director taking over from kojima during development.

Finally, Andrew, metal gear hasn't always been as clever as you think. Do you need to be reminded that big boss was killed by snake with a can of deoderant and a lighter, or have you forgotten about that? Have you forgotten that raiden is a fucking mech ninja?

#89 Ryu, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  10. Lazuri

People were complaining about the cutscenes that were literally just giant exposition dumps. The cassette tapes were implemented so that you can listen to these exposition dumps while you're playing the game.

The truth is that if you take exposition dumps out of the previous games, there's actually not a whole lot of story left.

11. BornAnew

MGS has always been the marriage of gameplay & storytelling for me. It's just not any videogame. I hold it to higher standards.

I can name you 10-20 memorable moments from MGS1-4. I am struggling to think of more than 3 in MGS5. MGS1-4 made me cry in parts, MGS5 failed to evoke much emotion.

Great gameplay aint enough with MGS for me. If this was Mario or COD, sure that would be enough. But not for an MGS game. And MGS5's gameplay wasn't some world altering experience either...it was good but had many many pitfalls most open world games have. And tbh I dislike open world games anyway.

Yes the usage of cut scenes became too heavy in MGS4, but it was unwise to go in the other extreme way. I mean you don't need to be Einstein to see a balance between cut scenes and gameplay is probably most palatable. Instead of cutting down cut scenes he pretty much put almost all the major plot points in tapes. I mean the story is actually incomplete as far as I'm concerned (and of course this is because Konami didn't let Kojima finish the game)

I did listen to all the tapes. It was very uninteractive and not engaging. If there had been a third of the amount of tapes there were, sure. But the sheer amount of them was a joke. And listening to them whilst playing the game didn't work for me.

Sure they are reasons the game has objectified Quiet, and other females in the past in MGS. But I think we should expect better. It doesn't make it right in my view. Plenty of games today don't do that and have no problems selling to 'teenage' boys.

Sure MGS had always been goofy. But its goofy style somehow used to fit with the game it was presented in, that's what made it so great. It could be silly yet compelling. With MGS5 I felt there was a discrepancy between all of its parts, it wasn't a cohesive experience. It was far too serious at points, then suddenly the tone would change.

#91 BornAnew, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My experience may differ because I haven't played all the games and am not really what you could call a series fan. But in playing through 3 (the only one I've completed so far), the only emotion I got most times was "What the eff is going on here?" I found the weirdness of the boss enemies highly unpalatable. Although Ocelot was enjoyable to watch, as stylish and hammy as he was. :lol:

The emotion in 5 was a lot subtler. Something like hearing the chatter of Soviet soldiers characterizing them as average guys just doing their jobs in the army, then hearing them scream when all hell breaks loose, watching them writhe in pain after being fatally shot, or seeing their charred skin and rolled-back eyes after an artillery strike. It really brought the savagery of combat home to me O.O I try to preserve their lives whenever possible.

And then there was
    ... the part during the second parasite infection where the poor saps stand saluting you while you execute them to preserve the rest. I know that scene was an intentionally set-up tearjerker, but damned if it didn't work. :frowning2:

#92 Argentwing, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  13. Lazuri

I won't spread your sorrow to the heartless sea. I'll always be with you--plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes.... You're all diamonds.

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my god that conversation with Kaz and Code Talker about hamburgers was epic.

15. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want this thread to outlive me. Let's make it happen.

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DLC time please...

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved that part. You can tell it's not just a "hurr hurr we're mercenaries" attitude towards Diamond Dogs at that point. Such a poignant expression of thanks and brotherhood I really haven't seen in a game.

18. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If this made it into the game that would be great...

#98 RawringSnake, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just hopped I to the back of a truck let it drive me to a base while I put down 4 c4s then hopped out when it drove into a base and blew it to pieces. I was laughing my ass off. Was just doing free roam.

20. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Reminds me of this:

[YOUTUBE]LTaQaecegq4[/YOUTUBE]

C4 OP​