1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess I'm not ready....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mc09, Aug 30, 2015.

1. mc09

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So a little bit ago I came to the realization that I'm bisexual. Since then the only people I've told are the people on this site. I've received nothing but amazing responses as the people here are beyond nice:icon_bigg When it comes to telling other people I really don't know what stops me. Sometimes I get scared and then I say to myself why should I even have to come out to people?! It's 2015 for crying out loud I shouldn't have to come out to anybody!!!

Anyway, onto the incident that happened a couple of minutes ago. I ended up on a site that mentioned an app called HER. It's where girls can meet other girls. I thought why not sign up for it and see what happens. So I sign up and I'm looking through some profiles. I end up coming across the profile of a girl I went to high school with! :eek: To say I was shocked was an understatement! I couldn't believe it was her! We were friends in high school as we were on the Cross Country and Track team together. We weren't the closest of friends but I always had a good laugh when I was around her. She's honestly a good person. Once I saw her profile I freaked and deleted my account. Why? I don't know. Maybe because if she sees my profile then she'll tell a bunch of kids that we went to high school with. I haven't talked to a lot of them since I graduated and that was 2 years ago. I don't know why I'm making a big deal about this. I mean I deleted my account right away when I stumbled upon my old friends account. UGH:bang:

2. QBear

Well, don't be too hard on yourself. Coming out is a process.

When I started dating again online after my divorce, I wanted to do it as an openly bisexual guy, but I spent months switching the orientation on the profile back and forth between straight and bisexual, activating and deactivating my profile, and hiding and unhiding my profile from straight people. Eventually, I got confident enough to just be myself and leave the profile as bisexual.

Its a process. You take a couple steps forward, and one step back, but you'll get there. :slight_smile:

#2 QBear, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  3. mochii

I did the same thing on HER:lol: so you are not alone. Putting yourself out there is a scary process, especially if you don't feel ready. Id say just be kinder to yourself and maybe take some more time coming to terms with your sexuality. I know my biggest fear is old friends and aquaitences finding out. I wish there was a way to just block every unwanted person from knowing so we can explore things peacefully.