1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im genderfluid, possibly trans???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlexWantsPocky, Aug 29, 2015.

1. AlexWantsPocky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, so I go by Alexander, but i dont mind if you call me my birth name Payton. im biologically female. but i feel way better going by male pronouns and stuff like that. and so far all i can identify as is genderfluid. and i wanna come out as bisexual and genderfluid to my mom. but im scared to get yelled at, because when i started wearing boys clothes and cutting my hair short she got really mad about it. idk what to do and i really wanna talk about it to someone. maybe get advice. im also having issues with deciding name and shit. i like alexander and it feels right but so does matthew and idk honestly.

#1 AlexWantsPocky, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you feel like you're still figuring out what you are? If so perhaps you should put off coming out? And Alex or Payton both seem like great versatile names! I'd personally get all my thoughts in order first. In fact I'm doing that now with my boss. He's not likely to be vrryundrstanding So

3. AlexWantsPocky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well. I know that being female is definitely not for me. But im not sure if thats just me being genderfluid and leaning towards male, or if im transgender. Ill definitely be getting my thoughts in order before i come out to people though

4. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand. I've been trying to bounce my own ideas off my wife. I came out to her and she has been helping me figure out if I want to be in between or if I'm ALWAYS the same way or if I change.

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2015 at 02:41 PM ----------

I just think having a close friend might be able to help you if you have anyone you can trust with that.

5. AlexWantsPocky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea. Thanks :3 :grin:

6. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't have to decide on anything yet. Take as much time as you need to figure out what you are. It's not something anyone can figure out overnight. Take it from me; I'm 24, almost 25, and it took me most of my life to figure it out.

About the name question, it might sound stupid, but I suggest using each of them for a while before deciding on the right one. It's not always easy. I must have ran fifty names through my head before deciding on Matthias, and you've only got 3 to choose from. You'll figure it out. :slight_smile:

As to the question of coming out, I'm honestly of no help there. I'm still so far back in the closet that one more step back and I'd be in Narnia. All I can say is hold off until you're 100% sure whether you're genderfluid or transgender.

7. AlexWantsPocky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im almost in Narnia as well. believe me.

and i know for sure ill never really use my real name, so its kinda a choice between Alexander and Matthew. but at least i still have a while left to decide