1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

31yrs old married and just told my husband I'm gay....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by go figure, Aug 27, 2015.

1. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ladyhawk welcome to the site, it's definitely helped keep my sanity these last couple of weeks. :lol: I've also been seeing a counselor which has helped a lot as well.

Try to keep your head up and recognize that accepting yourself for who you are and reaching out on here, are big steps on their own. And you've done both. It's hard at times to remember that....at least for me it is. :dry::lol:

Stay positive:thumbsup:

2. Ladyhawk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks so much for the support go figure, I've definitely found a welcoming community and I'm so glad we can all lean on and encourage each other (&&&)

3. earnestendeavor

Out Status:
    A few people
    You are not alone. My husband has been pretty supportive. I have a specific way I wish to deal with the fact that I am gay, And he has supported me.

We have 4 kids...so same boat as you. Just love them. They need things to be about them for a while. Love them to the best of your ability knowing that there will be a time for you to more diligently focus on you. Anxiety is killer, isn't it. Can't begin to tell you how NOT alone you are on this one. That anxiety can lead to me losing my cool/patience, which I really hate because it's not a true reflection of how much I love them. You can do this, Mama! You are on a new road, but you still know how to be loving and nurturing. When in Doubt....be nice....which is something you probably already do. :slight_smile:

Sorry this is a struggle right now. There are so many here that support you and understand you and are sailing right along side you. Peace, friend.