1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Hit Between the Legs

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by baconpox, Aug 27, 2015.

1. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an FTM and I'm passing, but I'm concerned I'll get hit between the legs and won't know how to react. I'm not a bad actor, I've just only seen a few people get hit there and I don't know how to react. Any tips?

#1 baconpox, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. BiKate

Don't even flinch. Just stand there and take it, and then beat your enemies to a pulp, how dare they hit you between the legs.

But really, I don't think you'd have to fake it much. It will hurt anyway, so just react normally, or maybe just act like it hurts a tiny bit more than what it does. I know my ex (cis) boyfriend could get hit between the legs and nearly pass out, while some of his friends could flinch, grab between their legs, make a pained face and then move on. So theirs plenty of guys who can take a hit between the legs fairly well, and you can be one of them :slight_smile:

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have kicked my brothers and cousins between the legs (never on purpose, rough housing gone wrong) and have got various reactions. My eldest brother goes down and then jumps up 3 seconds later ready to beat the shit out of me. My other brother gets a pained look but will laugh it off. My cousin will is a macho dude and will try to laugh it off but he does wince a bit. In the end it probably hurts like hell but don't bother about faking anything. Trans man or Cis man it is gonna hurt and you will naturally make a pained look anyway.

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't say for sure, but I am supposing that the pain varies guy to guy, and also under circumstances. I don't keep records on this sort of thing, but I can't remember ever being hit down there hard enough to cause more than slight pain. The incidents I vaguely recall involve a period when I was regularly diving (pool diving board, not deep sea type). I can recall pain, but I don't recall any incidents when I was doubled up in pain on the bottom of the pool. I felt the pain, but it was more like "yikes! that hurt!" than anything. I always managed to swim to the wall. At that point, I was more or less OK. Of course, it could be a survival instinct kicked in, saying that I couldn't survive, doubled up in pain on the pool floor.

The one time I saw a guy in real life in real pain occurred in 7th grade PE. One guy didn't clear the hurdle in the track unit quite right, and hit himself square in the balls. I don't remember actually seeing him hit the hurdle, but I do remember him kneeling on the ground, slightly doubled over, clutching himself. He stayed that way for a few minutes--serious enough that a TA was over talking to him about what to do if the pain didn't go away.

Of course, with PE--and sports in general--there is the option of wearing some sort of protective gear. Jockstrap with a cup, I believe. I'm not well informed, but it seems like with the right protective gear, one could get hit down there and not be hurt. Thus if one wore (or pretended to wear) something, one could pretend "well I'm well protected."

Not sure how many guys wore anything protective in junior high PE. It was technically required IIRC, but I never bothered. And judging from my memories of other guys, many guys didn't, either. My PE class was boys only, and most of our time was spent playing sports that had balls that could really hurt our balls if the two happened to meet. And yet, despite this, I only recall that one incident when a guy was in serious pain.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    As a T woman, it costs me a penny and a half to say this, but oh well.

The feeling is not the same, but the reaction is similar to being hit in the stomach. So that reaction.

Otherwise you can do the Terminator. Stand completely still gazing into space for 1-2 sec then meet their eyes (sunglasses are optional), then go get 'em.

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I took martial arts as a kid, a cup was required. There are a couple styles, a hard cup held in place with a special kind of jock strap that'S a big pouch, or a soft cup that's permanently attached to the strap. The hard cup is designed to transfer an impact around the most sensitive bits, the soft cup is designed first to absorb impacts, and spread the area they cover, as the same force spread out over a larger area will cause less damage. They are really just to protect from major injury, not to stop pain from an impact.

7. dt85

dt85 Guest

I've sat here wracking my brain, but there is nothing to compare the pain to. I would say react as if you'd just been stabbed in the crotch with a flaming sword. Thankfully, taking a hit to the balls is very rare once you're an adult. As a child it seemed like other boys thought my giblets were there personal punching bags. Boys are mean!

I wouldn't give too much thought to it. However you react is how you react. I doubt anyone will question your manhood based on that.