1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight loss.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sebulba, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, ive decided, after several years of being over weight, im going to lose some weight. I have several reasons for this, firstly, and most importantly, is my health. My father and my grandfather on his side both had diabetes, further more, there is a heart disease history on my mother's side of the family. Second, I figured id feel better physically, and to some extent, emotionally. Finally, i feel that i would look a little better as well.

I have to lose 175 pounds or about 80 kilos.

So, does anyone here have any pointers on how to go about this? Tips for staying motivated? Also, tips for the long term?

2. Cedar

I think it's better to keep your goal small, especially since you want to lose that much weight, maybe go by ten or five pounds at a time? If you initially set your goal to be only 175 pounds and that's it, it's going to seem harder to achieve that goal. Also, your body might get used to a certain exercise routine if you only stick to one routine so it might be best to change it up every so often. I've sometimes hit a wall myself when exercising, my body just gets used to that routine and I don't lose the weight that I want to. It's best to have a mixture of weight and strength training. Try to look at your overall diet and try to cut some things out, like soda(don't even bother with the diet soda stuff). Try to read labels on the food you intend to buy, something that says it's diet food may be high in sodium or something, which isn't healthy for you. Have you tried speaking with your doctor about losing weight? They might help you out in finding something that's doable for you specifically.

3. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do have an appointment in early September to see my doctor about it.

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First thing to do is see your doctor, losing a lot of weight safely requires medical supervision. If you try to do it on your own it can pose health risks and other problems.

Start with small goals, if you don't you might get disappointed and give up. Biggest culprit on why people gain weight are carbohydrates. A good way to lose weight steadily is by cutting out sugars, breads, pastas.. Ect. Eat lean proteins, stay away from fatty foods.

Try to incorporate some sort of daily exercise in your regime, it can be just walking. :slight_smile: once you get the hang of it it'll become easy.

5. TidMaskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Can't not to add here a reply because I understand your feelings so well! I had the same journey with my weight, it wasn't ok in my case for a long time too...:confused: I can say from my own experience that this journey will really take time but if you're patient and motivated, you'll get the perfect results and also become much more healthy! :slight_smile:
    In my case such tips were very effective:

- drinkning more fresh water every day
    - drinking fresh water with soda
    - creating the healthy eating habbits
    - regular exercises

In the last case I preferred to combine some types of every day yoga and fitness exercises with running several times a week :slight_smile: Also during the cold seasons I practised with such stuff like in this list on StyleMann as an alternative to outsides activities :slight_smile: And I adored to play in different sport games together with my friends in summer and spring! :slight_smile:
    All these things took time but now I'm totally satisfied with my weight and health :rolle: