1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mum but.... I am now completely questioning my sexuality again -_-

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Creator, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Creator

Hey guys, a short story of how I came out to my mum but I now feel really bad about it doing so.

So, I decided to tell my mum that I was gay and she first of all asked me "Are you sure?" I said yes and she asked me if I was joking I said no. Then she left it. Not to long after she asked to speak with me and again asked me "Are you sure?" I replied "Yes." and she asked that a few times. She then said "I love you" a few times and continued with the question "So, are you the boy or the girl in the relationship?" which really angers me. I said "Well, theres a boy and a boy, no girls." and she said "Well, are you the boy or the girl?" so I just said "Boy." so that she'd stop asking. Then she said I love you some more and then I left. Then, later on that evening she asked me "Are you sure?" I said "Yes." and she said the word "Gay." and now I hate that word. I don't like it and I don't want to be gay anymore. Atleast thats what I feel like. I also feel like I dislike myself and am very annoyed about the entire situation. I also feel like I shouldn't be gay anymore, I feel like I should be bisexual and that I am bisexual. When the other day I was dead sure I was gay. This is making me question my entire sexuality again.

Help?
    What should I do?

2. Asterac22

Hello!
    Me personally i have had a couple of them types of situations where after i came out i was like...oh shit what if i am not gay?!?! the way i always dealt with it was to take a while out and just compose myself and get my mind frame back so that i can be sure myself this might help you not to be self-doubting about your sexuality.
    The good side is your mum still loves you and i am sure she just wants you to be happy so if you end up only being bisexual i am sure you can always tell her and she would be as accepting as she was during this situation

3. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

Well, your mum loves you, despite being nosy. She's just curious, I guess. You're lucky to have a mum like that. Mine would probably kill me if i did what you did. So don't hate yourself, whether you're gay or bi. Be grateful :slight_smile:

4. Creator

I guess but I hate talking about it with parents, I feel uncormfortable around her now and I dislike myself now and I don't know why I just feel bad and that about my self.

---------- Post added 24th Aug 2015 at 10:45 PM ----------

I guess but I still feel uncomfortable around her and that. Also I'm thinking I might be a biromantic homosexual. I'm not sure because I can hug girls and enjoy it but heir private parts are not my thing. However I've only just thought this now.

5. Foz

Foz Guest

Many people support LGBT equality, but don't know the square root of fuck all about the details of being gay. So it may anger you that she asked if you're the girl or the boy, what she did mean to ask was do you take the masculine or feminine role in the relationship. When I was 14 I first questioned if I was gay and decided I wasn't because I didn't want to be, but it just doesn't work like that, we have no choice in the matter. Your mum's just curious, so if she asks something that annoys you, correct her. If you answer her question in the way she put it to you then she will never know that she was wrong.

6. Creator

Well I did correct her but she kept on insisting for me to answer her question. And I regret telling her now, I just want to leave the house, I want to just stay with friends forever and never come back. I just feel so bad for telling her.

7. mermaidsrainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It sounds like you were pretty sure before you told your mum your sexuality, is it possible her reaction and her asking you to confirm it so much is the reason your now worrying? Because her reaction wasnt 100% positive your questioning if it was right to tell her. No matter what your sexuality is though it sounds like your mum loves you no matter what so try not to worry. If you change your mind in the future you can let her know when it feels right but theres nothing wrong with being fluid :slight_smile: good luck!