1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enigmatic Friend Who Appears to Change Sexuality Daily

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hyperInactive, Aug 24, 2015.

1. hyperInactive

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So there's this guy I really like who goes to my school. I only see him before school starts and during two or three intersections in our paths during passing periods. I learned last week during a fire drill that his second-period class is directly next to mine out there (understandable since the room he's in is across the hall from the one I'm in). For the most part we agree on a lot of things and share enough interests to carry a meaningful conversation. Many of my friends will testify that he is gay (he was openly last school year, when I first met him), but last week during the aforementioned fire drill I overheard him saying in an indirect way to a friend of his that he's straight. Ever since, I've tried to observe and overanalyze his actions to determine his sexuality. He's flirtatious towards me one day and appears to show no apparent interest the next. My perception of his sexuality sways from extreme to opposite extreme as days pass, and it has been wearing me down for a while and distracting me from my schoolwork. As of yet my grades have gone down significantly (only from A's to A-'s across the board), but I fear if I can't figure the situation out it'll eventually take precedence over schoolwork in my mind (unsolved problems will take first priority in my life forever and always, no matter how much I try to condition my mind not to put them first), and from there virtually everything collapses. I don't know what to do in this situation at all because up until last year I've usually kept to myself and don't have the natural ability to handle situations like these...

#1 hyperInactive, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. TeamTeal

Would it be awkward to ask him plain and simple?