1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone here cross-dress?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Closet Shut, Aug 22, 2015.

1. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're not alone xD

2. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's a really interesting point about just how limited "straight men" often are in terms of "acceptable" clothing style and colour when compared to women.

I used to wear almost exclusively black stuff, I'm trying to branch out a it and wear lighter things, blues and greys - but I can't even imagine how it would feel as a guy, to wear anything white, pink, yellow or anything like that - sad but true.

I feel the same way about anything tight, or anything that has a print or a slogan on the front.

3. Romin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Technically, yes. I'm female and wear exclusively men's clothing. Down to my undergarments. I bind my chest and my hair is short and most people I meet perceive me as male.

I am not transgender, so I'm constantly being misgendered, but I cannot bring myself to dress in typically female clothing because I feel like I am putting on a costume. Only when I wear men's clothes do I feel truly myself.

4. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    not publicly. In my room, by myself... that's a different story. Lol
    If we're talking about dressing the way I feel, I'd say I do that 5% of the time in public. But even girls don't want to be pretty all the time, so I'd say that's more of a feeling lazy/comfy kind of thing. I wear skinny jeans and a shirt that is probably a size too big than what I should be wearing. My clothes are all publicly gender neutral. Some might argue that but it's my style and I certainly don't have any manly outfits. Never felt comfy in them as a kid, don't feel that way now.

5. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At this point, I don't know what even constitutes cross-dressing for me any more, haha! Dressing in a heavily feminine way or a heavily masculine way feels like a costume either way, but can be pretty fun so long as it's on my own terms.

6. trojan

go ahead and try it. Maybe you will enjoy it. And what harm?

7. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. C P

C P

Rock that long hair! I honestly don't get why more guys don't just let their hair grow out...

9. Justinian20

I do not cross dress, but I definitely keep my hair long, just because I feel like long hair suits me more and I dislike short hair on me personally, on other guys short hair looks great.

I honestly am going to eventually wear makeup like foundation, eyeliner and occasionally lipstick or chapstick and I'll definitely keep moving to more feminine beauty products like instead of Cologne I'll probably start using more feminine fragrances.

It just suits me far more than masculine products, I'll also be dressing far less masculine, in that I'm going to soon be buying myself a purse and for spring I'll be looking to buy more pinks and brighter colours.

So I'm not exactly wearing dresses but I am definitely expressing a very strong feminine side.

10. Simple Thoughts

Sounds similar to what I'm planning to do though I plan to mostly just take it a step at a time, figure out my comfort area, and then go from there x3

11. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My ex carried around a purse and wore Gaga perfume. It didn't bother me or make him less of a man to me. I just worried about our safety in certain areas.

Personally, I remember hearing a radio show where a mother called in and was worried because her son tucked his penis between his legs and acted like a woman. I have never had a desire to get rid of my penis or grow breasts etc. back then or now. It just wasn't who I am or ever was personally. But kudos for the trans. people who are living their truth.

Anyways, my mom was donating a bunch of her clean bras, pantyhose, and panties to Salvation Army and stored them in my room when I was 13. Well, I was so curious about everything sexual from being in such a repressed household and also horny as hell. I tried on a bra, panties, and pantyhose. Ok, ladies, the bra straps are really horrible. How you manage to hook those is an art. So, not for me. However, I loved the feel of the panties and pantyhose. I remember being very turned on. I would never wear pantyhose in public or even often, but why do men's underwear have to be so damn uncomfortable? I know they have male panties, but they are like $40 for a 4 pack.

12. CuriousAbout

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love wearing men's clothing (shirts, 'non-girly' skinny jeans). When I wore a skirt a couple of days ago (hadn't worn one in years) I actually felt like I was cross dressing :slight_smile:

13. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know this is weird, but I was on a train yesterday and this guy came along and sat opposite me and I haven't been able to stop thinking about the way he was dressed, he had sort of skinny jeans and a tight t-shirt on that had like a picture of a woman's face on the front, like I think some kind of pop-star but I didn't recognise her - he had a rainbow thingy on his wrist and some kind of choker on like a dark coloured band around his neck - technically this is not cross dressing I know, but I guess it was incredibly feminine or flamboyant.

It's really weird for me to be saying this, but there was just something about him - I couldn't put my finger on it, I tried so hard not to stare but I found myself doing it anyway, maybe it was his outfit, maybe his confidence I don't know, very confusing!

14. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always wanted to cross dress- not all the time though. Sometimes I just feel like (being) a boy.

Hmmm... Maybe I should have some kind of male alter ego, who I secretly dress up as sometimes ( • ̀ω•́ )✧

I know right. I don't wear bras often.
    Only sports bras or something simillar. They're so uncomfortable- how people can wear them everyday, amazes me!

15. Willa

I cross dress for fun. :slight_smile: I'm a drag king. I love doing the contouring makeup and putting on a different persona. Occasionally I perform. It's a blast to turn into Adam Lambert for a day, that's for sure. I honestly don't understand why more people don't do drag. It doesn't have to be a queer thing. It's just fun!

16. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My ex boyfriend actually dabbled in it ever so slightly. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's both the only man I lasted more than a few months dating and the one I ended up feeling comfortable enough to come out to.

17. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cross dress a lot, but I don't see it that way. I just see it as me being more masculine than what people expect. I don't see any clothes as being for people of a certain gender, but I do see some clothes as masculine, some neutral, and others as feminine (and all kinds of combinations and gradients between them). Well, they're part of gender expression, so they're as varied as gender expression.

I sometimes really dig wearing clothes on the masculine side of neutral, but that can change in an instant for no reason and leave me feeling dysphoric. I always wear makeup and style my hair more fancily when I wear more masculine clothes. Usually I wear clothes on the feminine side of neutral, or very feminine, but calling that crossdressing would sound preposterous.

18. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only on Halloween.

I do have a sarong (I'm a male) though and pretty much wear it on river trips.

19. Leopold

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I do, in private. Very manly face, so can't really pull it off, but hey, in private it's fine.

I don't know how many people this happens too. The internet classifies crossdressing as a fetish as a heterosexual thing... so that's what I thought it was at first. Two years later and I'm coming out as gay to everybody because it's obvious that I'm a transgender and need a "uniform" to have sex in, lest I remember I'm a dude and everything falls apart in bed.

20. Chrisr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I was like.. 4, I vaguely remember putting on my mom's shoes but other than that experience, nope.