1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do any of you feel like you don't want a relationship?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LooseMoose, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't want a relationship right now. Sure, I do miss the cuddling and the kissing and so on, and having someone to share your life with, but I got out of a pretty unstable relationship 3 months ago, and I'm just not ready to put myself out there yet.

Instead, I'm going to focus on myself and re-learn how to make friends and make it on my own.

2. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    Dating to me is just...blah. It seems like a waste of time. What really bugs me is people in 8th grade last year were asking if a very close guy friend and I were dating. Then people tell me I should get a boyfriend already. I cringe everytime someone tells me that, has a crush on me or tries flirting with me.

So yeah. People have told me online that I can't be aromantic or asexual because "it's weird;you're too young; etc." I can't see myself dating someone anytime soon.

3. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Part of me wants a relationship, the other part doesn't.
    It would be cool to have someone to do romantic stuff with, and always have a date for get-togethers and vacations. However, it would mean I'd have to learn to compromise more and have less time alone. Also, sex isn't very important to me. With either gender.

4. Joelouis

Since my last relationship, I enjoyed my freedom.
    Did what I wanted, and went where I liked.

Just recently I've really wanted that togetherness back in my life. Now I want to share more and do more things instead of just working all hours.

Yep, I'm on the lookout!

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel differnet every day but mostly yes I would like a boyfriend.

6. alilnervous

Yes, absolutely, for the first time in my life. Work on yourself and stuff, yes yes. :slight_smile:

7. Aviator182

Honestly I can not wait to have my first true relationship where it just feels right. What I mean by that is my first relationship with a guy since I've only been in straight relationships. I know that before I even consider dating I need to continue to work on myself and get to a better place in life. Hopefully some day in the next year or so.

8. C P

C P

This. So. Damn. Much.

9. Frisk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know I'm still young but that doesn't mean dating isn't a prevalent thing.

I've been in relationships and I definetely still want to be in one in the future but I feel like right now it wouldn't be fair to burden them with me bing grumpy cause stress from school and my art blog etc etc

10. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would like to be in a relationship, but I haven't found anyone yet and I don't think I'm ready for that.

Also this.

11. rudysteiner

I've never been in a relationship, so I've never missed it. The way I see it is that if I meet someone and have something good with them then so be it, but if not, I'm just as happy single. I would like to know what a relationship is like, but they're not really important to me at the moment and I don't think they will be for a few years if ever. I wouldn't call myself ace though.

12. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the long run, it sounds like a good deal all around, but I'm in no rush. I don't view relationships as something you look for and "find" so to speak, but as more of an accident. But that's just my view on things. If someone decides that they want to find that perfect relationship, then by all means, go for it! Id just rather find the perfect relationship on accident than find a toxic relationship by rushing into it. I think that I'll be fine without a relationship.

13. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been in a relationship for over a year, and it wasn't something that I went desperately looking for. All I wanted was to go on a couple good dates just to give myself some confidence and see what happened. Well, the very first date I ever went on went so well that we naturally had a second, and a third, and just fell into the most incredible relationship.

I think part of what made it so great is that it wasn't something I necessarily wanted or was trying to get, but it felt so natural to progress into the relationship that we have.

14. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Amatonormativity​
    “…the assumption that a central, exclusive, amorous relationship is normal for humans, in that it is a universally shared goal, and that such a relationship is normative, in the sense that it should be aimed at in preference to other relationship types.”
    -Elizabeth Brake​

Ha. Rose colored glasses come off. I assumed that I was going to get married. Until I figured out that I don't really care.

It seems like too much work. Plus, can't I just find someone to be with in a platonically and marry that person? It sounds so much better than figuring out some new relationship type.

15. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I don't really want a relationship right now because I don't think I'm mentally healthy enough for a relationship. I feel like any relationship I'd be in would end up being toxic and destructive for both of us and I don't really need that right now. I really would rather like to get my shit together before I worry about who I'm gonna date.

16. Cerith23

I got out of my first relationship about two months ago - and I feel great about being single now. For me I used to worry about never have being with anyone even though I was nineteen. For me it now feels as if some of that pressure is off.

At the moment I really want to focus on myself. I'm trying to lose weight, write a book - it's good not having to support somebody else emotionally or consider anyone else's needs. Its nice to feel happily single!

17. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel that way sometimes, but then again I've never been in a relationship. I try not to worry about that too much. I'm young, I have plenty of time to meet the right guy

#37 AJ56, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  18. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My only real perspective for a lifelong partner would be my best friend. We are more queerplatonic than anything. I love her so much.

Otherwise? Fuck no.

#38 KaySee, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  19. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

For the longest time, I made myself believe that I was better off alone. Now, I don't think that is up to me because I do have a desire to have a relationship but at the same time, I have a really difficult time trusting someone with all of me. That door is almost, always shut. Not like anyone is into me though. lol. So I'm just here & I think I'm okay with that if that's all I'll ever have.

20. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing wrong with that, Noctural. I feel similarly.