1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Topics Do You Enjoy Discussing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

As the title says, what topics/subjects/ideas do you enjoy discussing? What topics do you dislike?

And for a bonus question, what topics/subjects/ideas would you like to see more of on EC?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like discussing most things that involves science or academic life.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like intelligent discussion mainly online on mostly social issues, stuff like feminism. I enjoy hearing others' viewpoints as well. Basically, anything that makes me think is fair game for discussion.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I don't like talking about. Well, I actually don't like discussing politics or anything irl because I tend to get all awkward, and lose track of my thoughts. It's easier to gather my thoughts online.

I'd like to see more thought provoking threads on EC that are actually debated civilly, as opposed to the usual petty fighting.

#3 DreamerBoy17, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate topics. They're so...limiting. And critical thinking and discussion are for the birds (which is why you see so many in learned circles). Self-examination is overrated as well. Give me a minute; I'm trying to remember why I come to this site.

#4 biAnnika, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  5. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Music. If I run into someone who shares my tastes, I can go on for hours. I also like to talk about literature: what makes a good story, what makes a bad one, and so forth.

I dislike conversations about sports, TV shows I haven't seen, and gossip.

I'm having trouble coming up with an answer to your bonus question. I guess one day I'll see a new thread and think, "That's it. That's what was missing in my life." But for now, I've got nothing.

6. MetalRice

Politics, Religion, Sports, TV and Music really; oh and history.

7. GarbageKnight

I like tons of stuff, really. Everything from epic fantasy novels to philosophy to Carl Sagan to the Teen Wolf tv show they're currently airing on MTV to social justice to ancient Greek tragedians...

I dislike talking about sports and I don't particularly care for movies, but I fully admit those are just personal taste.

As for what I'd like to see more on EC? I have no idea to be honest haha

8. SocceRoo

more furry stuff! :grin:

9. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I enjoy posts with underlying psychological and psychiatric issues. It's my forte. On a side note there are some posts here on EC that are actually in the guise of supporting Psychiatric issues but may actually further aggravate existing conditions or worse trigger suicide. I've read the Rules here on EC there aren't any against it. I once tried having a thread taken down but no success.

I enjoy posts on fashion, physical health, gay rights, religion.

10. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoy learning & I like to know what other people are into, so, am open to most topics. Books, history, movies, technology, animals, cars, music, politics, TV, food, sports, the theater, just to name some subjects. I want all of those here & whatever else you've got :wink:

11. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I second this.

Aside, I love talking about any new scientific discoveries and their applications, and dislike mentioning or thinking about rapists and serial killers: I honestly want to rip them up and I'm sort of a pacifist for the most part. I'd probably violate a ton of rules if I typed everything I thought about them.

I'd love to see more positive LBGT news, the world could sure use more of it.
    It seems the majority of the time it's brought up it's hate crime related, and somehow many people still don't notice there's a problem.

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't even get me started on Dungeons and Dragons. I will nerd out for hours.

13. Acm

Acm Guest

My favourite thing to talk about is music, but I avoid bringing it up because I worry that I'll annoy people by talking about it too much. I can go overboard when I really like something. I like talking about TV a lot too.