1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you first knkw you were LGBTQIA+

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FootballFan101, Aug 16, 2015.

?

When did you realise you were LGBTQIA+

1. When I was 10 years old or younger

18 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. When I was 11-15 years old

57 vote(s)
    55.3%
  3. When I was 16-20 years old

21 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. When I was 21-30 Years old

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. When I was 31-50 years old

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. When I was 51 Years old or older

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ChameleonSoul

The first time that I started questioning was when I was 14. There was a guy in my class that I remember suddenly finding attractive (since at that point people were starting to come out of their awkward stages). At that point I had found girls "cute" but I had never felt anything romantic or sexual towards them. I was in full denial when those feelings started and I never fully accepted myself until I was 16.

#41 ChameleonSoul, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 11 years old when I started having crushes on girls but I tried to repress and deny it, 12 and a half/13 when I started to question things and 14 years old when I realised and accepted that I'm a lesbian. So I've known for a couple of years now. (!)

#42 Canterpiece, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

I was around 12 or 13 when puberty hit me and I realised I felt nothing for girls in a sexual way, but boy was it different when it came to guys. One of the first signs were when I was drawing some homoerotic scenes in a textbook, later erasing them or getting rid of the pages (i think when i was 13). Even though I always fantasised about men I didn't admit to myself that I was gay until last year (until then I kept telling myself it was a phase and that I like girls in all ways). So yeah, I admitted it when I was 16, but I knew it from my early teens.

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's kind of hard for me to answer because I knew I was different at a young age (6-7) but I never knew of any of these terms (trans, genderfluid, bi, etc) so I assumed I was a tomboy and my parents knew I was a tomboy also.
    When I got older (13-15), I started acting more like the other girls, but still in a boyish way. It wasn't up until a few years ago, when I found the term gender fluid from another forum site, which I thought was right, but realized I didn't exactly fluctuate between genders. I was on the search (again) for the term that fit me, and that's when I found transgender, and it "fit". I still have days where dysphoria makes me question my identity like crazy and want to see a therapist about it, but I finally found my gender identity when I was about 19-20.

5. FootballFan101

Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Questioning Intersex Alay/Asexual and more

6. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

I thought the Q was for queer :icon_redf

7. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought the same thing. :lol:

8. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #48 Canterpiece, Aug 27, 2015
  9. sharkweek

On being trans, I had thoughts for a while (starting when I was about 11 or younger), but never really pieced it together.

I sort of just thought the way I felt was weird and it kind of depressed me. During school, the feelings got worse and I started to isolate myself. My friends eventually sat me down and helped me figure out what was wrong.

As for being pansexual, I realized that I like both boys and girls around 15 and as I learned about other genders had come to accept I didn't really care, that I liked people, not genders.

10. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought it was Queer too, but thinking about it, wouldn't Queer essentially just be LGBTA+ all summed up into one word, since Queer isn't a sexuality itself? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#50 Ameryllis, Aug 27, 2015
  11. FootballFan101

Lol

12. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    I started catching on to the idea of being bi when I was about 13 (although, I'm sure it went back further), questioned being trans a few times around 15-16, and then everything came back up around 20-21. I pushed everything aside because of my home life drastically changing, making everything super uncomfortable. I'm 22 now, gay, and trans of some kind. It's still a work in progress.

13. sekliniak

sekliniak Guest

I think I was around 15 when I got aware of my sexuality. It wasn't something I thought about because I wasn't interested in a relationship. I never felt comfortable when boys where romantically interested in me but I didn't give that much thought. I joined tumblr when I was 15 and I started to follow many lgbt blogs.. and yeah, I slowly realized that I'm not straight.

14. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in Primary, I liked this dude called tony

15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

To me it's not so much knowing about myself, but knowing about the community/LGBT as a term.

As long as I can remember, as a child. it never made sense to me that people were only attracted to one/the opposite gender. It just didn't match with my own experience.

16. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Although on some level it was at about 11/12

17. BookWriter1994

I was in high school when there were rumors about this girl named Hannah being a lesbian and then during the summer I saw her and her girlfriend at the time holding hands at a fireworks show.

18. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought I was straight until I was 17, when I realized I was attracted to women. When I look back, I should've seen it long before then. Sure, at the time, I was more into boys, but I got excited about girls too.

19. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it was about half a year ago? Or something.

20. Bidrwhofan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've known for a month. I felt myself more attracted to males, and I mean interested. Eventually its balanced out to both male and female, but I have my days where I prefer one over the other.
    I discovered I'm gender fluid after talking to a fellow gender fluid friend. He helped me find the real me. So now I shave my body hair off (including facial hair), keep my nails done, and have ordered a wig, since mnh hair can't grow long normally. I've started trying makeup in secret as well, and I'm actually good at it.

I have very pretty legs according to several women I've told and shwon my legs to, and I have a natural hourglass frame. I've always dressed in baggy clothes, but I've decided to start wearing tighter clothes.