1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fanfiction anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Capricorn98, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Thedistra

I tend to binge read fanfics every couple of weeks. Always F/F couplings but not necessarily slash nor romance centered. I've only ventured into Harry Potter, Mass Effect and Dragon age fics. I use to be willing to read anything no matter how poorly written, but I've gotten fairly picky over time.

I beta read for someone who writes fics, which is fun. I once attempted to write my own fic... it didn't go so well. Maybe I'll try again someday.

#21 Thedistra, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I mostly read and write m/m fanfiction even though I'm a girl who likes girls, mostly because to this day I have yet to find a femmeslash fic that is actually WELL WRITTEN and if it's smut, doesn't make me cringe at the horrible sounding euphemisms for vagina.

3. Kate Lee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yep, love writing and reading it. Every once in a while I end up in a new fandom and start even more stories. Sadly I'm good at beginning stories, but it takes me a while to finish them.

At the moment, I've also got like 5 stories waiting to be finished... I usually do eventually finish them but it can take me a long time especially if I get into new fandoms that pique my interest. It's a great hobby :slight_smile:

4. dontjudgeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like reading facfiction if its good.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Google "Omegaverse". It gets quite... bizarre.

But this is only if you are brave or have already lost your innocence. While it isn't the worst, it's one of the more out there fanfic genres.

6. QuecksilverEyes

I used to write a lot of fanfiction, but I try to write my own stories now - I can't spend my whole life copying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I really enjoy reading fanfiction, especially Sherlock Holmes fanfictions are incredibly well written.

7. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I write and read fanfiction. I'm terribly picky with both too :3
    With reading, it's a pretty good mix of slash, femslash or just general fluff (because I'm a sucker for fluff! XD) and I don't stick to one fandom because my mind likes to focus on one for a week or so before moving on to another but I have some faves/ships.

With writing, I have a lot of starts for a few fandoms but my muse has to stick by me throughout for me to feel satisfied enough to post up a fanfic. I have honestly deleted a ton of draft fanfics of mine because they did not pass my shit-o-meter. Plus, I nitpick a lot especially with grammar, details and just general flowy-ness of a fic. (Which is why I may have a few fics currently on hold and waiting to be updated lol....my muse has not returned from war.)
    So yeah, I hold these same standards when I'm reading/looking for a fic. :slight_smile:

8. JohnB

Read a hilarious fanfic about Trunks and Goten in middle school where a school dance was coming up, Trunks has no one but is relieved in not having one because he believes his best friend Goten doesn't so he feels safe from scrutiny, but Goten breaks it to him that his lady friend who he claimed to be 'just friends' with is actually his girlfriend(Goten is popular with the ladies). Trunks is taken aback and has to get a girl to go to the dance with to not be shown up, so he goes to the mall and finds a girl with colored hair who shares the same carelessness as Trunks about a lot of stuff and they hit it off and Trunks has someone to go to the dance with whose a lot like him.

Was a good one.

9. CyanChachki

I write a lot of fan fiction. I've only had three that went real far and that was the Lord of the Rings, Big Brother 5 and America's Next Top Model 17. I still have them unfinished somewhere in my boxes of drawings.