1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the Love of Shopping

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomconnorcon, Aug 16, 2015.

1. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love clothes shopping~
    My favorite places would be different depending on type of clothing...
    For shirts, I usually love Express, and Macy's
    Jeans, Express and it's hard to find jeans in most other places because of my height.
    Jewelry, Hot topic.
    But I guess, the store doesn't matter to me if I find nice clothes.

2. timo

I buy 95% of my clothes and sneakers online. Might have to do something with the fact I work for a huge online fashion shop.

Shopping in stores - no. Except for vinyl. I could spend hours in a record store.

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love clothes and book shopping! I'm also completely addicted to online shopping: Amazon, Hot Topic, and Etsy the most. I just discovered ThinkGeek and oh boy!

My credit card is almost always charged.

4. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could just wander a mall for hours and be perfectly content. One conundrum always got me tho, whether its worse to have the money for whatever but not finding anything I want, or seeing everything I want yet no money.

5. thepandaboss

The only place I like to shop is a book store or a used film/video game shop. Otherwise, fuck no. I don't spend more than five minutes shopping for literally anything else.

6. Ryu

Ryu

Only things I like shopping for is guitars, music, and video games. I can't stand shopping for anything else, and most of the time I'm just browsing, like the last time I went 'shopping' for guitars, I just spent about two hours messing about on guitars i wish I could have (Cough cough kurt cobain signature jaguar cough cough)... I hate not having a job...

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is next to nothing in my area worth buying. It's mostly weapon stores, cowboy boot shops, religious propaganda, "ghetto" stuff, and an entire store dedicated to t-shirts, license plates, car stickers, baseball caps etc. all with confederate battle flags plastered onto them. Heck, I feel uneasy just walking around town.

The only stores worth visiting at all are the local GameStop and a Hot Topic in the mall, but both are small and "out of the way" so to speak. I wonder if there's more variety up north? I know there's a lot of stuff in Atlanta, the capital, but I live near the bottom of the state, far from there.

So until I move, no fun shopping for me I suppose.

#27 Kira, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Hasting's is a place I like. It deals with video games, movies, music, and various accessories like posters and t-shirts. They have new and used stuff.

Hot Topic used to be okay, but they've really dropped the ball in the last several years. They have become the very thing they wanted to avoid, and it shows. Their quality of merchandise, at least around here, has dropped drastically.

I don't really window shop or browse a lot. I like to get in and get out. The only time I'll browse is if I need to compare something, like a used game disc. Posters and books, though, I may just look through without any intent to buy. Other than that, it's a case by case situation.

9. Randomcloud

I admit that I love shopping. BUT I don't actually buy much if anything at all (most of the money I waste is online), I just like the idea of spending an entire day at a gigantic mall with a friend, walking around and window shopping and eating. Perhaps I'm a little shallow but eh xD

10. tscott

I enjoy clothes shopping...Polo, BB, Red Barn, but I hate shopping for shoes...8.5 WWW...I have to buy what fits rather than what I want...I feel really good when buying scent...Buying high ticket items I'm always prone to anxiety after the purchase...not regret, but it seems whenever I buy something like that I have car issues or some unexpected expense...I'm a foodie so grocery shopping is or can be a treat.

11. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I forgot to mention on my first post that I prefer shopping alone. I hate having someone around, it feels like they're constantly waiting for you bored to death. It helps that I have an informed taste and don't need the affirmation whether something looks good on me or not. I just feel like when there is someone around me there is the need to get things done quickly and leave the store asap. On my own I usually devote a whole day to shopping. Even when we're at a foreign country even a new one. I shop separately from my family.