1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if you had to have a type...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GrimacingCynic, Aug 15, 2015.

1. RedMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    • I like guys who are sweet, playful, and easygoing.
    • It's really nice being around guys who are slightly feminine. It's cute.
    • I don't mind guys who are honest. It's only problematic when they verge onto being extremely sassy.
    • I'm okay with weird as long as it doesn't harm anyone.
    • I'm not really big on gruff, muscular men. I guess everyone has their preferences though.

#41 RedMonster, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Whoever I happen to like really.
    I like someone who looks good in glasses.

3. Randomcloud

Likes kids and animals
    Has a sense of humor
    Takes care of themselves (not in a selfish way, just in a 'I respect myself' way)

4. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds weird, (and it's not me liking the whole bad guy stereotype) but I like overconfidence... I guess cockiness, and when I can show him up.. it makes the situation all the more cooler. ~(=3=)~

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2015 at 05:42 AM ----------

Toats :slight_smile: :slight_smile: (!)(!)(!)

5. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    weird
    nerd/geek
    they have to be able to deal with me being crazy
    nice
    outspoken (extrovert)
    optomistic

6. thomasina

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Most of the time:
    Guys who are funny and smart, dark hair with glasses
    Tough tall girls with confidence/laidback attitude

7. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    for hooking up

abs, light brown, blonde hair, not girly, muscular or skinny

for dating

not looking to date atm

8. To be clear, I'm not that strict on these requirements. I'm open to about anything.

Personality traits
    Be a gamer
    Ambitious and stable in life and/or career
    Kind
    Athletic
    Responsible
    More on the masculine side

Physical traits
    East Asian
    Athletic build
    Not too tall (at most 6' 1")
    Not too short (at least 5' 4")

9. RainOnVII

I would say I don't really have a type, but the people I tend to be attracted to have a couple things in common--wait a second, isn't that the definition of "a type"?

Appearance wise, it's not complicated; just tall and dark haired.

I have more qualifiers for personality though--inherently kind, loyal/trustworthy, kinda (or a lot) geeky/nerdy, able to be my jogging/gym buddy, responsibly, stable, calm, yet talkative (to themselves, and knows that I'd rarely reply, since I don't enjoy talking, but feel very comfortable hearing it), and is a good listener when I do feel like talking. Somewhat protective is good; too much leaves me embarrassed and pissed off.

Most importantly, I value someone who understands boundaries, and taking it at least relatively slow, especially in physical contact. For the most part, it's letting me decide when to touch, and how much--sudden hand holding is not a good thing.

#49 RainOnVII, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  10. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say that you almost described me except that my smile is kind of eh and i'm always right...(jk no i'm not, or maybe I am, nope) and i'm very lame and quiet.

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2015 at 01:05 AM ----------

Anyway being less self absorbed than my last post.... I would say my type would be.....

-Kind but also kind of snarky
    -Funny and laughs at the stupid shit I say
    -Hopefully above the height of 5'6 since i'm 6'0
    -More extroverted than me because I almost never leave the house and I need someone to push me
    -Someone reasonably smart in school and in general
    -And finally someone who loves me for me and doesn't care if i'm that pretty or rich or whatever

11. Fearless

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like girls who are feminine, intelligent, kind, with similar interests, girls who share my values, who I can be weird with, who don't drink too often and who prefer being the little spoon. :slight_smile:

12. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like funny, manly, committed, gentle guys. As long as he can make me laugh (I'm easily entertainable - if that's an actual word- so that's not hard to achieve), kill the cockroaches/spiders (Those things drive me crazy), not run away whenever I'm being grumpy and keep me in my comfort zone, he's the one. I don't actually have physical standards. I consider beauty a bonus.

13. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    On the Physical:
    I like masculine men. Whatever stereotypical connotation you attach with it.
    I like a guy who's tall, because I'm tall. But I guess I can get on with a guys 5'7 and up, any less and it would feel like I'm dating Frodo because of the height difference.
    Built well I like guys who have muscular arms and a chest. He doesn't have to have washboard abs. A little tummy ain't bad. :slight_smile:
    I don't have particulars as to eye, hair, skin color. He can be any race he wants. Although if he has light skin I'd prefer he not continuously tan himself thru sunbathing. It's just a recipe for skin cancer.

On the Mental and General Nature:
    I need a smart guy. Guys who cannot carry a smart conversation irritate me to hell. I have predominantly doctor friends so I don't want to keep on checking up on him if he is spacing out because he can't catch on.
    Chivalrous, sweet, understanding. And not controlling I'm somewhat of a dominant person when it comes to intimate relationships.
    Someone who can catch on with my lifestyle. I am not prejudiced against those who don't make as much. That isn't their fault. But I like a partner who can be with me when I go on a vacation, foreign trips, eating out, clubbing, etc without me feeling guilty like I'm draining his hard earned income.
    We can share some interests like maybe mountain trekking, long drives etc but it doesn't have to mean that we need to share every single interest. I love shopping, it's okay if he doesn't. He can be into cars, sports which I am not into.

14. polyglot

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'd go for smart, talkative girl who is so perfect she likes gaming and sports *.*

15. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girls: Low voice, dark hair, similar interests, intellectual
    Boys: Muscular, similar interests, energetic, "metrosexual"

16. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From What do you like about men?:

17. dt85

dt85 Guest

I don't have a physical type, except I'm not a fan of men who are overly muscular. I'm a bit stocky and broad in the shoulders with small but noticeable pectoral muscles—not that I'm in great shape, because of I've gotten pretty soft around the middle. So I don't mind a little muscle, but if you look like you live at the gym, no thank you. And I don't mind a little hairiness, either, though it's not imperative. Otherwise, he can be fat or skinny, smooth or hairy, short or tall, black or white, etc. I don't care.

As for other features, I look for someone who is romantic. I'm studying to become a professor of English, so I'd like to be with someone who is interested in the humanities. He doesn't have to be drawn to my exact interests, but if he is well read and intellectually curious it is a plus. He doesn't need to be a pushover or a whiny baby, like I admittedly can still be at times, but emotional expression and sensitivity is an attractive feature to me. The most important aspect I'm looking for is someone who is looking to be in a long-term, meaningful relationship. I don't do hookups, and I'm not polyamorous. If that's how you get down that's fine with me, but I don't want to live that life.

#57 dt85, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015