1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only girls find me attractive?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by redghost, Aug 15, 2015.

1. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds so silly, I know, but I'm a gay man, and although I've met quite a few gay and bi guys recently, only one of them I believe may have been attracted to me. I know I'm not ugly, I look good on my better days, and I compensate with my dazzling personality, it's weird that the only people who do find me attractive are girls. I don't want to sound ungrateful—it's flattering, really—but that does nothing for me. And it makes me uncomfortable when I realize it, and have to consider coming out to the girl to avoid an awkward situation. Thus far, one girl called me a liar and said "If you don't like me, you should've just said so!" and slapped me. Life is fun.

Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it sounds like at least one guy you know finds you attractive. So you don't have an empty track record.

As far as the girl who slapped you, probably not someone you want to know anyway, from the sound of it.

In general, it's probably just easier for people to express heterosexual attraction than homosexual attraction. It doesn't mean it's not happening - just that it's not being expressed. How many gay people do you know? Do you spend time with them regularly?

3. Keahi

I second the idea that attraction and the expression thereof are different things. Especially if a lot of the people you're meeting don't realize you're gay!

4. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

:lol: You poor thing. I have guys who drool over me sometimes (not trying to sound into myself) but i've come to just accept that I look and seem straight by voice/mannerisms but really i'm as gay as a doornail. I guess wearing a pride bracelet or wearing some kind of lgbt visible thing on you at all times would help? If a girl asks about it just be honest and tell them you're gay.. I am going to do this when I move to Brisbane.

Good Luck!

5. dontjudgeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a few girls ask me out and they didnt like it when I wasn't interested

#5 dontjudgeme, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  6. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't feel bad. My straight guy best friend told him that no girl has ever told him that they liked him yet he's had several gay friends of ours profess their love to him.

7. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, everyone. I guess in my head, I didn't separate attraction from expression like you said. Not knowing if someone's on the spectrum makes thing pretty difficult, so maybe I should get a pride bracelet or something.

Also, turns out that one guy I thought was into me was just high the entire time and "only f**ks guys when he's drunk like 5% of the time" (actual quote from what he told our mutual friend). So I guess I can cross him off the list.