1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you get as your first tattoo?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rudysteiner, Aug 13, 2015.

1. rudysteiner

I'm more acquainted with Greek Gods than I am with Norse. The only Norse Gods I know are Thor, Loki and Odin. :lol:

I'd love to see it if you don't mind!

2. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    =)

127.jpg

3. Hopeful

I plan on getting my first tattoo of a sunflower head done kind of as a henna type design on the top of my right foot. My sister is working on designing it for me. It's to symbolize my Mom: sunflowers are her favorite flowers and she's a gardener so it's perfect.

In the future I want to get "Life flies by in seconds" in a line on my inner left bicep.

I also may do a heartbeat or something along those lines somewhere to symbolize my role as an EMT.

I'm really excited to start getting inked!

4. mangotree

A computer motherboard with my nephew's names on three of the chips.
    Been over a year trying to decide what to do for my next one.

5. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My next one is going to be a mechanical heart frozen in ice as a chest piece.

6. rudysteiner

I love it!!

---

This probably won't be for my first tattoo, but I plan on getting a portrait of Johnny Cash at some point. I'd like one or two more as well.

7. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First tattoo was a vampiress on my left upper arm. Got one on right arm as well tho it was 13 years later. Also made mistake of getting my then wife's name tattooed on my chest. Now I gotta tell people that was my cocker spaniel that got run over by a semi.

8. rudysteiner

That wife thing is the funniest, best cover story ever. :lol:

9. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My kids ask me now and then when I'm gonna get it covered up or something, but I never really felt a need to as it just serves as a reminder of the things I've experienced.

10. CharlD91

CharlD91 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first was in memory of the most inspirational person in my life. My nan. I had the tattoo when she was very poorly in hospital and showed it to her, after my parents had voiced their hate of me having a tattoo and she loved it. It's of two roses, and has the words "every struggle is preparation for what's to come" underneath. She loved her garden and always planted roses and said those exact words to me when I was going through a rough patch.

My second is a scrabble piece on on my ankle with the letter t on it and 10 for the score which signifies the year I started university and the place I went.

My next I hope to be a family tree with compasses pointing to the places I have roots entwined in the roots. I'm saving for that one though!

11. rudysteiner

I love them all! I can't for the life of me figure out which university you went to, my first guess would of been Swansea (that's actually where I want to go for university) but that doesn't start with a T :eusa_doh: What's your degree in?

12. BiKate

I haven't got any yet. But I have somebody doing a cartoon version of my first dog who passed away, and I may get that tattooed if I like it. I also have paw prints of my two current dogs that I was thinking of getting on my wrist/ arm, but I'm not sure about placement yet...

My first dog was special to me. Not only was she the first dog to spark my obsession (what would life be like without DOGS?!), she also helped me. As a kid I had selective mutism, I didn't talk much and had no confidence. I talked and sang to her though, and she listened. She was my best friend who gave me confidence and helped me grow :slight_smile:
    As for my other two dogs, the older one has taught me a hell of a lot about patience and acceptance, he's always been there for me to lick up my tears too. He knows when I'm having a bad day and he'll stick around and be there with me. And he'd kill to protect me.
    I haven't told anybody else this, but my younger dog might have saved my life. I was depressed and had suicidal thoughts about 6-9 months ago, which I haven't told a lot of people. There were some nights there where I actually got close to losing it and doing something bad, but instead got my dog. Some how just having him curl up next to me in bed and cuddling him calmed me down, he kept me floating above that wave.

Plus I just freaking love my dogs anyway.

#32 BiKate, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  13. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I get a tattoo, I'm getting this:

[​IMG]

It's the logo of SEELE. It's esoteric--I wonder how many people I knew would think it was some "illuminati" BS.

#33 Wallace N, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  14. Yoyo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't get one but I might like a ram-bow pow print on my upper arm.

15. rudysteiner

I know exactly what you're talking about. From my dog being my best friend, to me almost losing it. I remember him and then I'm just 'how is he going to survive without me?' Quite vain but it works. :lol: I do really want a tattoo of him, but he's still alive and still young (coming up to 16 months), so I don't know whether it'd be weird or whether I just wait. I'd post a pic of him up here but there's people on here from in and around my area so they might recognise him and realise who I am. He's hard to miss. He's a Dogue de Bordeaux and looks very much like this:

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2015 at 06:30 PM ----------

I have no idea why that image is absolutely humongous either. Lo siento!

16. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A rose and a heart

17. Phoenix11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I got a vegvisir rune surrounded by an Asian dragon themed ouroboros symbol on the inside of my lower arm, I love it :grin:

18. TidMaskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Can't not to bump this old topic because I've finally made my first tattoo ever and wanted to share with this! :icon_bigg It's a dragonfly, vey beautiful picture and perfectly fits my personality :rolle:

[​IMG]

I'm so glad that I made this, it was my old dream from teenage years! :rolle:
    I don't know if i make the other one during time but if yes, I think it'll be smth with Batman because he's my favourite fictional hero from my childhood years :rolle::icon_bigg I like these examples of such tattoos like in this gallery on StyleMann, such types look very attractive for me :rolle: But I don't think that I'll make such decision very fast! :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first tattoo was a Chinese "dragon" symbol on my ankle, which I recently covered up with a wormy-thingy, that my artist named Squishy :grin:

Chinese symbol looked something like this

and Squishy looks like this, with a couple changes to the colour scheme to make it unique

20. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the semicolon joins things in a sentence. or in life, like my married life and my single life; my straight life and my queer life, and that time when I was 17 and decided not to end myself.

the water splatter is in rainbow colours for obvious reasons.

Attached Files:

#40 looking for me, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016