1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many times have you dropped your current smartphone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Aug 11, 2015.

?

How many times have you dropped your current smartphone?

1. 0

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. 1

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. 2

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. 3

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. MORE THAN 4

56 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was stupid enough that I didn't have a case on it, though I did drop it on a concrete floor. I believe I had it for 2 years when it happened.

2. RainbowBright

I don't get this thread. It's no big deal. I have a gel case on it which cost me like $6, and a decal of the beach on the case. I drop it usually several times daily. I have had it for 4 years. I have never cracked or broken a phone in my life.

"Dropping a phone is one of the worst nightmares of an owner"...? Overdramatic much? How about just put a rubber case on it, and then drop it as much as people used to drop the old phones that had the cords on them. I remember stretching the cords across the kitchen and then inevitably dropping the phone when the cord got twisted around something (or someone). I drop my phone now at least as often, because it's big and awkward, and especially when I'm charging it with my laptop I will inevitably knock it over onto the floor when I move my arm or move the laptop. Then I'll have it on my bed later when I go to sleep and often accidentally knock it onto the floor when I go to turn off the volume. And in the morning knock it off the sink onto the floor with my hip while I'm leaning in to brush my teeth. Etc. The only way for the screen to ever crack is to fall from a far distance and just happen to hit something else hard on the way to the floor that can hit it in the middle of the screen. If the phone only hits the floor, any reasonable basic case will never allow it to break, because it will always hit it flat on the back, a corner, or one of the sides, or the front where the rubber lip will break its fall first. You have to hit the screen and only the screen with something pointy and hard to crack it.

I am amazed that there are people out there in this day and age who spend hundreds of dollars on a phone and then can't be bothered to buy a less than $10 rubber cover for it. The phones should be made like that already, but still...

Now if you drop it off a 10-story building, or into a toilet, there might be no help for you... but I have never been in that situation in my 15 years of owning cellphones, so I haven't had to worry about it yet. Although my dog when he was a puppy did crack one with his teeth when I was asleep... but I think that's cheating! :slight_smile:

3. AlamoCity

Literally, over 365 times (being conservative at only one drop every two days. Thank god for the Otterbox Defender case.

PS I am a klutz.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never, because I never had a smartphone.

5. whoagirls

Out Status:
    Some people
    More than 4, only because I've had it for almost two years. I've dropped it less than 10 times.

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Too many times to count. IPhone4 with a really thin case has surprisingly survived a year(an still working fine) it cracked because I threw it during a panic attack once, and I'm getting a new one- will e more careful

7. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Way too many times. I've dropped it on every surface known to man. But the phone is plastic, so I don't care too much about destroying it. I've even dropped it face down and the screen didn't crack.

I own the galaxy nexus that was released in 2011. It's also my first smartphone. :slight_smile:

8. SonicBoom

Wow, interesting thread.

Thanks for the replies and votes.

Without this thread , I would've never known how often some of you drop your smartphones.

The reason I had the option of 4 times second to last , was I thought that most of you all wouldn't have dropped your phones more than 4 times. :eusa_doh:

9. Xochipilli

I lost count.
    I've dropped it while running on a treadmll three times.
    No issues yet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Sky82

More than 4 for me :eusa_doh: I probably go through five phones a year and it's usually smashed on a downhill course somewhere when out being an idiot on my bike :eusa_danc Got an S6 at the moment and fingers crossed haven't smashed this one yet! However there is time lol. Insurance is an awesome thing lol

11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 and I've only dropped it once. I've had it for about a month now. It hasn't dropped to the floor (thankfully), just out of my hands onto my lap. I hope I don't drop it to the floor. I'm so scared the screen will crack, and it costs a helluva lot of money to replace the screen. It's still under warranty but I don't think the warranty covers screen cracks. So here's hoping I don't have to find out the hard way... :eusa_pray

12. Lyana

I lost count. I've had it for, I don't know actually, maybe two years. And I never counted, actually. I just accidentally knock it off a table or shelf or whatever all the time. But it's fine, neither scratched nor cracked.
    I've never actually cracked a phone's screen, though I know several people who go around with a cracked screen. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Randomcloud

Countless times. And I'm an idiot- I don't have a screen protector or case for the phone anymore....but miraculously the worst damages it has it a little scratch in the corner (not on the screen) despite the fact that I've dropped it on concrete half the time. It's an iPhone 5C

14. schrodinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    haha does dropping it on my face count?!! I've done this more times than i care to admit...

15. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I drop my Sony almost on a daily basis. Floor, concrete, water etc. and that thing still works after three years. I don't even have a case on it.

16. XxSunXDragonxX

I don't even have a smartphone. ¯\_( ° 3 °)_/¯

#36 XxSunXDragonxX, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  17. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ---------- Post added 12th Aug 2015 at 07:57 AM ----------

[/COLOR]I've dropped my s5 a few times but usually just on carpet. It still scares the bejeezus out of me every time tho.

#37 angeluscrzy, Aug 12, 2015
  18. SonicBoom

I have not yet dropped my S5 .

Even though I have a case on my phone, I still TERRIFIED to accidentally drop it.

19. candyjiru

Another reason to get a cute case/cover XD;;; I even dropped my galaxy s5 down an escalator... so embarrassing, but it was totally fine ^.^v

#39 candyjiru, Aug 12, 2015
  20. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've lost count. I'm a clutz, I can't help it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, for reference, and surprisingly it hasn't ever been cracked or damaged. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: