1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smelly People, B.O. Stank Body odor....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Xochipilli

Yes, my coworker. She is awesome to work with, gets along with everyone and nothing fazes her. All positives except for her body odor. We were both trained in the same class years ago and she had this same stank even then. I don't know what it is exactly, it's not the worst BO, but it's pungent.

2. Sky82

Hasn't someone been honest with her?

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One time I met with a career adviser; she smelled like something dead, so I said everything she wanted to hear, and I got out of there quickly. She was oblivious to it (probably because she didn't work in an open plan office), so it would've been a waste of time to complain. If you take into account that I have a weak sense of smell, then you understand that situation was super bad! I think she deserved some sort of award such as "smells worse than the toilet field at a livery yard." The toilet field is the field where people put horseshit into a pile and periodically set fire to it.

4. Van

Van

If they bath every day and use deodorant and nice perfume...

I've worked with a stinky co-worker, but I don't know if she had problems or just didn't like to bath. After spending some time with her, you'd feel like you were poisoned. :dry:

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    This kid in 6th and 7th grade was dirty, he smelled all the time, never took baths. We tried to throw soap and water on him.

6. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry but this I cannot agree with. It amounts to bullying

#26 NervousAsHeck, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are certainly a very few people I've found to be malodorous, but as Americans, I think we take hygiene to such an extreme, it dries out the skin, and dermatologists say we bathe too much, and not too often.

In the summer, I tend to take a bath/shower each day, and shampoo about every other day, and use a mild soap. Sometimes, I just use water. I'm allergic to deodorants/antiperspirants, so I have found I can use Talc, and use Caswell-Massey #6; smells quite nice, though mild.

Also, since I stopped eating meat and processed food, I've noted my sweat has very little body odor. I don't like to mask my scent, as it's quite mild, and many have said, quite pleasant!

8. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm friends with this guy who has terrible body odour, especially after PE lessons. Other than that, he's a nice person, so it's a real shame. A couple of friends and I brought him to the side one day after school to have an honest discussion about it and how it's putting people off. His excuse was that aerosols are not allowed in school as some people have asthma, and he doesn't like using roll-ons. So, we're still stuck with his monstrous stench, because he won't use any type of deodorant/antiperspirant.

Personally I have a shower once a day (or twice if I've been doing sports) and use a speed stick antiperspirant.

9. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

The worst was when a group of teenage guys came into class straight after gym class. In those days there were no showers in school. The girls would open up the windows, even in winter.

I find it difficult to breathe around women who wear strong perfume. It gives me a headache and even makes me dizzy.

Guys don't plaster on the aftershave as much as they used to.

10. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I'm wondering is why anyone would smell like that, when they can smell like flowers?
    I'm not talking about overkill perfume or anything, just something light and nice. Too much, and you start giving everyone allergy problems! Too little and well, a smell. :icon_redf

11. Gentlewoman

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm an obese bicycle commuter who lives in a hot climate. I shower before going out of the house, but if I go several miles in Spring or Summer, I'm gonna smell ripe no matter how much deodorant I wear. Still, if I want to go shopping, I need to get to the store. If I'm in your store and I smell bad, sorry about that, but I did what I could.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I think it's important to know, some folks may have a kind of body odor disorder. I forget the name of it, but a girl in one of my elementary schools had it, and about everybody gave her a hard time about it. She smelled like a combination of raw eggs and rotting fish.

Not sure what her parents did about it, or what she is up to nowadays as it was YEARS ago. However, I tend to always reference that when dealing with smelly individuals.

That said... some folks just need to bathe better.

13. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A kid on DeGrassi Jr. High had that disorder; also can't recall the name. (first series)