1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your worse sleeping paralysis story ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justbehappy, Aug 10, 2015.

1. justbehappy

I've had them countless times so far, don't have an exact number, but I have 3 episodes vividly engraved in my mind.
    The first and the oldest I can remember, I was dreaming at first, that I was in a sleeping bag in my parents room, they and my little brother were all sleeping in the bed and I was on the floor in a sleeping bag and looking under my parents bed, I have no idea what I've seen tbh, all I can say is that it was not good, it was something really REALLY BAD, so suddenly I "wake up" but I'm paralyzed, I can't move or speak, and that's when I realize I have a feeling I'm not alone. I tried my best to scream from the top of my lungs but no sound would come out, I could move my eyes and look around but it was too dark so even if there was someone or something there I wouldn't be able to see it,... eventually I regained movement but still was very upset after that...
    Sometime has passed after that one, and since last week ive been having them non-stop. Of course all of them freak me the hell out, and I believe I don't remember some of them because of bad of a mental state they put me into, the fear and terror is so bad and excessive that I end up forgetting what makes me feel that scared and can only remember being trapped and not alone...
    The last 2 were the worse though... one of them I heard the front door of the house opening, I recognized the sound of the keys and knew it were my mother's, I was concious of what time it was ( reason why I got confused to why she was opening the door at that time,) so I went to see what was happening and instead of my mother there was someone short with a brown robe with their back towards me, they turned and it had no face, just pitch black, ... so once again open my eyes, realized I was in my room and there's someone there... last and worst, I was dreaming with a white short haired woman with pale skin and some sort of white marks like tattoos in her face, she was strange and I didn't feel like I could completely trust in her but nice though, so I wake up but this time I'm not only 'awake', paralyzed and with the feeling like I'm not alone,... this time I could swear something or someone touched me, I panicked like never before, but eventually wake up. The problem is that I'm starting to be afraid to fall asleep, yesterday I was sleepy and should have gone to bed but I'm still awake because of how frightened and terrified of ever going through something like that ever again...
    AH! Btw I've been using a tick to wake up in the past months and as wake me up 100% of the time even in those 3 horrifying times, which is wiggle my tongue and press or rub it along my whole mouth... I can only move my tongue, however the itchyness ends up waking me up somehow...

2. Lazuri

I've never had them, but I understand your fear. People tend to hallucinate and get paranoid during sleep paralysis. It's why people believe sleep paralysis is caused by spirit possession.

#2 Lazuri, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  3. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have only ever experienced it once when I was about 9 or 10 and it was truly terrifying. The worst part I remember was not being even able to scream for help

#3 NervousAsHeck, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I've experienced it only once when I was about 16 or 17. It was a really scary experience. I remember "waking up" but I couldn't move my body & I could barely keep my eyes open. My body felt really heavy. When I tried to lift my arm, it felt something was trying to keep it down. I remember seeing a wispy black figure standing right next to me. It was creepy. xP

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't or don't want to remember the worst time... probably anytime with the voices saying I'm evil and that I'm not fooling anyone by "pretending" to be good. But I do remember one of the most creepy was falling asleep while my TV was making static noise.

I suppose you've read about how to reduce sleep paralysis... and that involves getting enough sleep.

If it's any consolation... I don't get as much sleep paralysis as I did when I was younger, so maybe you'll get less sleep paralysis as you get older.

6. Ashley2103

I used to get sleep paralysis all the time.

A ghost telling me to hang myself in my own room was probably the worst. The funniest was when I was floating around my room and parrots were everywhere.

Nowadays, when I get sleep paralysis, I'm not even scared and I try to manipulate the dream, even if I can't. My most recent one was I kept waking up, in different rooms, and there were demon voices and demons. I wasn't scared and I was more annoyed than anything by it. It felt like a waiting room with silly horror images trying to scare me.

7. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time I had it, I must have been 12 or 13. I found it pretty scary, because I didn't really know what was happening. It felt like there was a dangerous presence in the room as well.

I've had it numerous times since then and still experience sleep paralysis occasionally, and it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I usually go back to sleep, or just try to move my fingers frantically until I can move again.

8. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Happened to me when I was 9 or 10. Was in my mom's bed. I woke up, couldn't move, scream, anything. I calmed down was able to move.

9. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had it happen twice about 4 or 5 years ago while on tramadol. It's hard to know whether it was a dream, hallucination, or real due to demonic spirits. The first time I was in my room, and it was pitch black. Instead of my door being there to my room, it was a wall. I was trapped in a room with no doors. The second dream was the scariest; a headless demon entered my room through my window. It had an automatic, and it made me beg for my life. Fortunately, I woke up before it tried to kill me, but I was utterly traumatized. No more tramadol for me.

10. Spider

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember once I woke up and I couldn't move or open my eyes and I knew it was sleep paralysis was so I wasn't too worried, I just decided to wait it out. Until I had a feeling that someone was watching me, then I feel the bed move as if someone is crawling in next to me, I hear breathing next to me and feel hot, clammy breath on my ear. Then suddenly a loud shout in my ear. Then I can finally wake up fully and look around. Not a fun experience. I knew I'd hallucinate but not like that.

#10 Spider, Aug 10, 2015
  11. Eiji

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I experienced it a couple of months ago, and it was a dreadful feeling. Even if I know what it is, it didn't even cross my mind at the moment. I 'woke' up and couldn't move. I suddenly hear loud creaking noises in my room, as if someone is walking on the floor toward me. Of course I try to scream but there isn't any sound, and I panic. Luckily I woke up shortly after before anything more 'happened', but it crept me out enough. I slept with the lights on for days...

12. Burnedcloset

The devil was telling me he has me and writing my name in blood on a contract. I saw my rooms from the side. It was scary AF

13. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was in a small room, then the tall white aliens got an odd device that shoved a chip into my hand.
    I woke up, was blind, could not move.
    I went back to sleep somehow (usually takes 1-3 hours).
    In the morning, I had a cut on my hand in the same spot.
    The week before I dreamed that a chip was coming out of my hand; the edges of it cut through my flesh painlessly.

14. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jesus Christ, was it scary! I had an ordeal with those Shadow People. Just thinking about it is making me panic!

There are two instances that come to mind, these were the last two experiences that I had.

1. I saw two shadow entities in the right corner of my room. They would appear in that exact corner and always had the same appearance. I could tell that they were looking at me. I was panicking. I can't remember much else of what they did, but eventually I went back to sleep.

2. I saw a lone shadow person in my room. I could sense that it was staring at me when it suddenly started charging at me! It was comming towards me as if it were trying to assault me (sexually), that was the vibe I got. I went back to sleep before it could reach my bed.

After finding a way to protect myself, I haven't experienced this since.

#14 PlantSoul, Aug 10, 2015
  15. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't remember seeing anything, I was just unable to move and thought I could no longer move or speak. The scene is quite fixed in my mind.

16. justbehappy

I've had one almost exactly like that too... not a fun experience at all indeed.

Last night I had them again... it was strange this time. I had 3 in a row, the first 2 I thought I had wake up, however the 3rd one and creepiest I was paralyzed and my dog was scratching me and breathing behind my ear, but it felt like something evil... can't quite explain... but I could swear the dog was really there, so you can imagine my surprise when this time I actually wake up and can move and realize the dog is sleeping besides my mother, no near me ...
    At least I was able to fall back asleep again...

17. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I only recall it happening to me once and it was sort of uneventful. I just remember waking and not being able to move, except I could blink and move my eyes. The worst part about it was it felt like I couldn't breathe, which made me panic a little, but I didn't hallucinate or see anything. After it ended and I collected myself, I pretty much went "Well, that was weird" and went back to sleep.

18. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I would have if I had been older. Now it'd be like having floppy arm.