1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing rooms, Do you find them awkward?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 98Gamingstar, Aug 8, 2015.

1. DietColaGoddess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes! They make me feel so uncomfortable

2. CraikNakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It used to be not that bad cause while people knew I was gay, I was still just one of the guys and it was no biggie but you just reminded me that this year I'm taking volleyball and I've recently begun wearing panties exclusively and now I'm really flippin scared to change infront of the boys!! Gah I'm so scared! Ill just be super confident. When I'm in school shows I've had to change and my cast mates see my panties but were all really tight and they just give me positive remarks. If I have a friend I'm changing with it really takes the load off. But changing in a room full of strangers? Yikes! P.S. the changing rooms at swimming pools are heaven, I'm surrounded by naked guys! Heehee ^-^

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't swim because the whole experience is awkward. I hate people seeing me topless changing rooms are bad

4. thepandaboss

Fuck yeah I do. But I haven't had to use one since coming out. Locker rooms have kept me back from trying out gyms though.

5. TMichealB

Yes, it's very awkward especially when your boyfriends in there.

6. Lyana

Nah, I was/am usually okay with them. People don't tend to stare or ogle in changing rooms, and I didn't, either, so it was fine. I hated the smell of strong deodorant in there, though.

7. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The only thing I really used to hate was the perfume! My allergies always act up, and I end up sneezing and rubbing my nose a lot. It also smells really strong, and it was horrible. So, that was another reason I hated changing in front of people.

8. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm very uncomfortable in public changing rooms. I never know where to place my eyes, mainly because I'm so scared of being accused of looking.
    When I was younger and went to school, the other girls didn't want me in the changing room because I wasn't straight, so I'd have to wait outside or change in the bathroom. Or watch them form a huge line to go change in the bathroom because they were so sure I'd look.
    Honestly, even if I was the kind of person who'd do that, none of them were that attractive :lol:

I've also had a bad experience where a girl kept looking at me because I got so nervous, and afterwards she went and told her friends in great detail how my body looked. :/

Lucky for me, the local swimming pool where I live now has stalls where you can go in and change in private and even lock the doors.

Aaaaand like others have said, the way girls tend to overspray perfume and hairpsray in the changing rooms really bothers me. I don't have asthma, but it gets hard for me to breathe with that many fumes around.

9. HelloSweetie

When I was in secondary school, I found it very uncomfortable, at that time I was very much in denial about my attraction to women and completely uncomfortable in my own skin. I'm finding that as time goes on I am becoming a lot more at ease with my own body and more comfortable in communal changing rooms although I use them a lot less often than I did at school!

10. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They have unisex stalls in schools now?

11. Carla02

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It wasn't awkward for me untill i had my crush in the same locker room
    I kept staring at her ( not while she was changing cause like that a different thing) but one fay she walked up to me ans said what are you staring at? And i was like the poster on the wall

12. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Yes, especially when a hot guy walks in. I try my best not to look and get caught.

13. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, in every set of toilets we have 1-2 unisex/disabled stalls.

14. Images and Words

relatable post of the year...

15. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Very.

I never change in the changing room, only in stalls. Being trans really doesn't help. :/

16. Jeffreycominout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, somewhat. People can sometimes be real bullies in there. And it can get awkward.

17. alilnervous

It feels fricking weird for me, but I think if the world was a less homophobic world, I might've felt more comfortable with being observed naked

18. Cornered

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I detest them, I usually get changed in the corner or during break before PE starts coz I don't like others thinking of me as a girl, yet they probably do anyways. I feel uncomfortable changing if front of girls, but also in front of guys since I was brought up female. I usually get dressed in a toilet stall sometimes or just in the corner when nobody's looking. Its not as bad when people aren't facing me though, as it doesn't matter what gender they are then.

19. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Ehhh, the only awkward moment I have is when people stare at me when I step out of the changing room because I just go into any one.