1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do some many people dislike oral sex?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Emerson96, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Emerson96

Emerson96 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm always surprised to hear how so many men and women dislike performing oral sex on their partners but love receiving it. Isn't that selfish? Isn't it also bad to engage in something you don't like only to pretend like you do to please the person?

I for one love oral sex giving and recieving when I'm really attracted to the person, I think it's the most erotic part of sexy. Call me crazy but how could anyone not find it erotic to come that intimately to their partner! :eusa_danc

#1 Emerson96, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  2. Solitude98

Solitude98 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have no sex experience but I can imagine enjoying giving oral sex to a guy because I find it pretty erotic as you said.

I think the reason some people dislike giving oral sex is because they were brought up thinking that genitals are unclean and that the sex act itself is degrading...sadly.

3. Sky82

Totally agree with you Emerson :thumbsup: I get such a rush giving and having the person begging me for more. I'm quite happy making sure my partners needs are taken care of before mine

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never received oral sex but the thought of it repulses me because I would feel self conscious about someone putting their face down there. However, I do really like giving oral sex to another guy. Haven't tried a girl yet.

5. Foz

Foz Guest

Such people exist?? :lol:

6. Emerson96

Emerson96 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm always surprised myself :lol:

7. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I must admit I find giving oral sex kind of repulsive. I like receving it, but it doesn't finish me off quite often, and it's certainly something I can live without.

I think it's because of all the tastes and different fluids and the thought of germs, that it bothers me, to be honest. I just don't know what to do with it or how to react.

8. Foz

Foz Guest

The only thing better than receiving oral is giving and receiving at the same time :roflmao:

9. Emerson96

Emerson96 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Understandable, different strokes for different folks I guess :icon_wink

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2015 at 10:25 AM ----------

Wow someone's kinky :lol:

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It's often suggested to be degrading or even dirty. Especially when it comes to a penis, there is the whole degrading aspect to sucking a man, especially if the one sucking is also a man. For women, it's a reinforcement of the submissiveness expected of them. Da peniz iz powah, basically.

Then, as others have mentioned, there is body issues, self confidence, misconceptions and societal beliefs, and so on and so forth. Also, it can be a little too intimate, thus almost feeling like a violation of sorts.

I could have worded that better and provided a bit deeper explanation, but the point remains the same.

There is a plethora of reasons as to why somebody may dislike oral sex, but the real question is, why that reason?

#10 Kaiser, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Lyana

I wouldn't say it concerns so many people. It's a pretty standard sex act for many people.

Some people (particularly women) feel self-conscious about receiving oral sex, because they've been told or otherwise influenced to believe that their genitalia looks/smells/tastes weird/bad.
    When it comes to giving, again, some people just grew up believing that "down there" is unclean. Some people find it degrading. Some people just don't think it's worth it, since they're "not getting anything" -- and yes, that is a bit selfish, or at least a different view of sex from mine.

12. Robyn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love giving and receiving oral sex too. I think there isn't anything to be ashamed of. If you and your partner both agree that you would like to have oral sex, and you both understand who's giving and/or receiving and really be clear about it, there's nothing to be ashamed of, or to feel bad about.

I think it's healthy for partners to explore what they want in terms of intimacies. I suggest that before you try something new with your partner, always make sure that it's mutually agreed upon. I suggest that you make sure that your partner is entirely aware of what you want to try out, be it oral sex or something else, before doing it. Consent is always good.

#12 Robyn, Aug 7, 2015
  13. Emerson96

Emerson96 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You mean its been viewed historically as a degrading act, but I've never seen anything degrading about it.

14. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also think one of the reasons why some people don't like it is because it means touching a body part where you urinate out of. It's kind of gross. Sex is kind of gross when you think about the mechanics.

15. Honest4You

Honest4You Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I rarely know any gay people who dislike giving their partners oral sex but I do find a lot of bisexual and straight people who dislike performing oral sex on members of the opposite gender, I have a theory that it has something to do with the disorientation of the unfamiliar. The more foreign something is to you the more relunctant you are towards it.

16. Emerson96

Emerson96 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I know what you mean, but for me personally going down on a girl is as enjoyable as going down on a guy, makes no difference to me.

17. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, that is hypocritical on that end.. if you don't like doing it, but want it done to you by someone else, it makes no sense:dry: but I will say, that if it's something both partners enjoy, great no harm.. but if someone doesn't want to participate in that, then they shouldn't have to.

18. Leifa

I love giving more than receiving, I could give it for hours to someone I was really attracted to.

19. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love giving head to a guy. In fact, I was just thinking how much I want to suck someone off earlier. Even so, I tend to be monogamous. My ex didn't like me sucking him off because he was uncut and very sensitive. It was a major turn off for me. Not trying to brag, but I am pretty good at it. He even said so for the 30 seconds we tried it. Just wash down there before your man or woman goes to town.

While I enjoyed receiving, it doesn't do as much for me as others. *Shrug*

20. Foz

Foz Guest

Well, you're not wrong :lol: