1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by idefygravity, Aug 5, 2015.

1. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know that I've finally gotten what I wanted, but I'm FREAKING OUT.

A few years ago, my best friend said that she liked me. I rejected her. Even today, though it doesn't bother her, I feel guilty about it.

My friend and I met this other girl, and we all became close quick. And while my old friend found a girlfriend, I started to like our new friend. We work together and see each other all the time, but because we were so close, I didn't want to say anything.

A co-worker who she's close with asked me who I like, and then found out that I was into her.
    She started to get kind of distant, so I assumed that the co-worker told her and that she didn't feel the same way, so I texted her and said that it was a misunderstanding and that I didn't like her. Then, the co-worker came up to me and asked if I would talk to her about it. When I said know, she said that the girl would be sad. Apparently, she liked me too, but didn't want me to feel awkward if I didn't like her. It was all weird, and the both of us are too passive aggressive to do anything about it.

In the end, the co-worker set us up and we are going on a double date with her and her girlfriend. I'M FLIPPING OUT.

2. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So...wait. This is a bit confusing about who you're talking about. So you're going out with a new friend and a co-worker and her gf? You're just nervous about the first date? Sorry but this was a bit all over the place with lots of different people and no names!

3. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, I kinda got that when I read over it again.

What's happening is the co-worker (Lauren) set us up. The girl that I have liked for a while, that I thought didn't like me, but I'm told does a lot (Bri) is who I'm going out with. Lauren is also bringing her gf and it's going to be a double date. Bri is close with the both of them.

I'm nervous about the first date, but also being around the two others, who I don't want to disappoint or make angry. And it's my first real attempt at anything romantic that is completely two-sided, and that freaks me out.

4. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, do you really want your first date with this girl to be with someone else? Some might be comforted by that but others might be annoyed of others intruding. If you would rather be alone maybe you should gently say you'd love to do a double date...next time. If having another couple there adds too much extra pressure it's best you go alone. And is there a reason you think you might make them angry or disappointed? Are they normally like that?

It is really scary and brings up all your insecurities when you go on a first date, especially if you really like them. But just do your best, (pre-write jokes or fun stories to tell if it helps!), and try to have fun and enjoy Bri. :slight_smile: Also discuss it with her if she'd prefer your first date not just include you, or if maybe she'd like to be alone with you too.