1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male and female body/beauty standards in different countries

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cider, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Cider

Some of you have probably already seen these videos, but down below are two Buzzfeed videos showing both male and female beauty standards in different countries.

The two videos are similar, with the exception that the male video is set in modern beauty standards in different countries, and the female one is set in different periods of history, all leading up to modern day as well, and also in different countries.

How do you feel about all of these beauty and body standards in the world? Is the world getting too shallow? Or are these standards fine?

[YOUTUBE]tneKwarw1Yk[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]Xrp0zJZu0a4[/YOUTUBE]

2. Ticklish Fish

*looks at self*

I dont use cosmetic products (like that skin cream thing) or plastic surgery.

im too broke for that,

maybe i'll try gym and food. NOM NOM NOM.

that music is nice though

(ok i only watched the men one)

3. celeste

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It saddens me that people use harmful products to lighten their skin, and that they do a ton of plastic surgery to fit into society's view of what's "really beautiful."

4. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel like on one hand, the world is becoming too shallow. But on the other hand, beauty standards are both too shallow and too politically correct. (And I think that whole "bold is beautiful" is a load of crap. To some degree.)
    I find health beautiful. Not too skinny, not too fat. Many people seem to think "healthy" means "ripped with muscles no matter the gender" or "thin enough to not have an inch of belly fat", though. Or that it means "I eat twenty cheeseburgers a day but I'm not too skinny so that's okay"...

I might be the shallow one, I don't know. I just don't think people should modify their body/face too much nor to go any extreme, one way or the other.

Natural beauty is what it's all about for me, and people seem to have forgotten about it lately, what with all the botox, plastic surgeries, and various facial products and so on.
    Not to mention the pressure to work out and tan all the time. =/

5. Formality

I like natural beauty though. I find that the men who use a lot of product and pluck all their hair yadi, yadi, yada, the ones that look too much like ken dolls, aren't that sexy at all.

In the video I found the American guy the hottest. I love the manbun + beard combo. I die every time.:love: :dead: