1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in any mythical creatures?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Ashley2103

No. I believe aliens exist. Just not how we imagine them. They could just be wildlife or cavemen for all I know.

2. Spacewalker

My scientific side says no bc I only believe what I see but another side says why not, who knows what is out there we still don't know...
    But I actually believe in aliens. I can't imagine that we're the only living thinking creatures in this fucking huge universe... seems impossible to me!

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Fairies ^.^ <3 ~

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe in aliens and ghosts

5. warthog

I believe in Demons. I have seen the devil :eek:

6. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

I think there is no such thing as "supernatural", only a part of nature we don't know yet.

So... Aliens? Yes. If there is one planet with intelligent (though that's questionable) life in the Universe (Earth), then there's more. And I'm sure they have already visited us, but these visitations are considered myths or hallucinations, or even the result of overactive imagination, because of... reasons.

And I'm sure there are other creatures and lifeforms or forms of existence (like other dimensions) that we don't know yet or can't sense. Why not? Five hundred years ago most features of our current world would have been considered a myth.

7. Truth teller

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh shit, were you scared?
    I don't think I've encountered a ghost so far as I can remember , but some pretty fucked up things have happened.
    I've seen black matter appear and disappear, evil jinns try to piss me off and get in my head and things disappearing.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya, like beholders? I seen them.

9. Formality

Well I wouldn't exactly call aliens mythical. While we don't have any evidence of their existence, it would only make sense that there are aliens somewhere in the vast... vast...... universe. There is no doubt in my mind there are aliens somewhere in out there.

I don't believe in mythical creatures. However I think the weirdest creepiest thing about the universe is the question, why does anything exist? I mean from our perspective it would make more sense if nothing existed. Just the thought of the actual existence of our universe makes my skin crawl and my chest beat faster. It's just so weird and horribly illogical. I just can't grasp it.

10. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sometimes I wonder if our idea of what an alien is supposed to look like (big eyes, big round head) comes from some inherent image that our brain produces under circumstances and the closest thing we liken it to is an alien. It's like how people on DMT often see "elves"; i.e. they're not really seeing supernatural beings, they're seeing certain fixed patterns and shapes that the nature of DMT produces and their brains classify it into the closest known entity they resemble: so-called "elves".

11. CyanChachki

I think that there could quite possibly be mythical creatures. I mean, Mermaids for sure. Marine Scientists haven't discovered all of the ocean creatures and there could definitely be part fish, part human-like marine animals out there. I don't think that they'd literally be half human, but more like.. they'd resemble us.

As for other things, there could be. There could've been dragons and unicorns back in the medieval times and they could've gone extinct.. you never know. The thing is, it's nit impossible. Dragons closely resemble dinosaurs and there could've been a long necked, horned, scaly, winged dino back in then.

As of now.. I don't think it's possible. If there where creatures like that existing on land, we would've known about it.

12. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just extraterrestrial life. Of course, we have no way to prove or disprove it unless we checked every last planet. There's a shit ton of planets, and if life started here, there's plenty of places for similar circumstances to happen.
    Of course, they will look nothing like anything we know of due to being formed under different circumstances and undergoing a separate evolutionary path. Think like the ocean trenches but even more different than common wildlife.

My entire family believes in a "god" though, except me of course. I feel creatures existing outside of our world very far away, somewhere on at least one more of the endless amount of planets that exist, I personally feel it's far more probable than any giant invisible man.

13. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Astronauts in cavepaintings = proof of how long cocaine has been used, or of aliens, or timetravellers trying to confuse us.

14. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a feeling that dragons existed at one time. No, I don't think they necessarily breathed fire, but their breath might have been hot enough to burn animals/people. Dragons have been written about so much and it seems like they would physically be possible. Just another reptile that went extinct.

I'm not crazy, really. :dry:

15. PrettyPurple

I was terrified and I couldn't move, which probably could be scientifically explained somehow that I didn't fully wake up and that's why I saw it? But I think it was a ghost. And besides another time I got out of bed and walked past a weird whiteish creature... (no I'm not crazy I swear XD)

16. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I believe "aliens" exist, because there is just no way that Earth is the only planet or space rock in the entire universe, or even the galaxy, that has life on it.

I refuse to even entertain the idea that mermaids exist, and I'm mad at the aquarium I work for for bringing in mermaids to perform for our guests.

Megalodon was a legit thing, but I do still hold onto the hope that there is a small group of them left somewhere in the ocean. Simply because I wish to study them.

Kraken would be amazing! I would love to study that as well.

And, similar to mermaids, I refuse to entertain the idea that bigfoot, the yeti, or any other such creature exists.

17. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

I think I found out what happened to the mermaids (or at least one of them):

[YOUTUBE]o5VI6it13wg[/YOUTUBE]

18. Ryujin

No.

They, by definition as mythical, don't exist, therefore to believe in them is to be contradictory.

If one exists, then it is no longer mythical, as it exists in reality rather than simply in myth.