1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in any mythical creatures?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jul 28, 2015.

1. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Two of those things I can definitely vouch for the existence of are Aliens and The kraken, or something like it anyway. 70% of the planet is oceans and we don't know what the hell is living under there.

2. The Wallflower

Mermaids. I saw it with me own eyes!

3. Justinian20

So it is that we are really looking for El Hadre, the beast of the universe.

4. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I believe all of them have been seen, probably by drunk, high, or halucinating people, but also by sane people, and me (if anyone thinks I am not sane).
    Aliens, yes, I have saw them (in dreams, once I had a cut in my dream and in the same spot irl, and dreamed I woke up, got abducted, passed out; have also woke up with clothes on backwards after the dreams, and in my closet before).
    Bigfoot, maybe.
    Nesie, now called a plesiosaur.
    Dragons, now we call them dinosaurs.
    Marine cryptids were mentioned earlier, and we know more about space than the deep sea, so maybe.
    I believe anything someone says unless it goes against itself, or what I know.

I believe in all cryptids, but some are all dead by now (long neck dinos sure look like dragons, and fire breath could mean bad breath).

I have saw two ufos, one a couple saw over animals in my same town, also over animals, and it was behaving the same, and went back into the clouds afterwards.

Aliens have found us, but most of humanity is not intelligent.

#24 PerfectlyNormal, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  5. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

I believe in Ratatoskr, the cosmic squirrel that takes messages between the unnamed but wise eagle (who has a hawk sitting between his eyes) at the top of Yggdrasil (the world tree) and a wyrm (or dragon) that lives under one of Yggdrasil's roots. I believe this because isn't the world a better place if we have a cosmic squirrel?

Also, it makes watching the squirrel that lives in the palm tree outside my window more fun and interesting.

#25 wisefolly, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
  6. Posthuman666

Yay for Ratatoskr! Norse Myth is cool myth.

7. PrettyPurple

Aliens yesssss I definitely believe in aliens. Maybe they came to Earth once and mixed with monkeylike prehuman creatures and that's why we exist today?? Maybe they gave ancient civilisations technology that was forever lost because those civilisations have been destroyed?? Possibilities are endless. But I don't think we'll know anytime soon because aliens wouldn't be stupid enough to just come here like that, if they did, scientists would cut them to pieces :icon_sad:

And all those creatures like mermaids and unicorns... sure, some of them might have been a result of some drunk illusion or someone saw some shadow and thought it had a weird shape, or a wild animal... but there are way too many of those creatures for them all to be made up. Maybe vampires exist? Or werewolves? Unicorns? I'd love to see a unicorn :grin:

8. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, this.

But in all seriousness, of the ones you listed:

Aliens: I do believe that there are other planets that have life on them, possibly with organisms that are just as, if not more, intelligent than humans. But I don't believe in xenomorphs, if that's what you're getting at.

Mermaids: Not a chance. If you want to go swim around in the ocean for the rest of your life and convince your descendants to do the same for the next 30 million years, then maybe we'll start talking, but you'd probably end up with something closer to a dolphin.

Megalodon is extinct. The Kraken was probably either a giant squid or a colossal squid.

Bigfoot? Nope, sorry, I'm not convinced.

9. thevenerable

Southeast Asia - yeah it's not just South and East
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Aliens are not mythical creatures, there's a high probability that they actually exist! Hahaha! Or that's what I want to believe.

I want Kraken to be true. I don't know why, that gigantic monster is just so awesome to exist. Imagine a ship getting capsized by this enormous creature. Of course, that would be horrific for the human race---just imagine the boat with no human on it. LOL!

10. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I officially love you for life

As for mythical creatures, god help me I want to believe! I love the supernatural, but at best I can muster an open mind to the possibility... Ghosts are totally a thing though.

11. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in the existence of God, angels, and demons.

I don't believe in ghosts, aliens, or other mythical creatures.

And like Kaiser said, the elusive "soul mate." People say there's one for everyone, but I'm pretty sure mine got hit by a bus or fell off a cliff.

12. PrettyPurple

I also believe in God, angels and demons but I do believe in ghosts because I saw them

13. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know if things like vampires, werewolves, zombies or ghosts exist, but I think they do.

14. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, I do not. If only the world could be so interesting.

Nonetheless, I believe the world is interesting enough without these things.

15. Truth teller

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Same, I've actually felt jinns following me around.

16. alilnervous

Any Lovecraftian entity, I want to exist in the most masochistic way possible. Multi-dimensional mythological creature entities that want to consume the planet whole? Count me in :eusa_danc

17. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe that gay people are the result of little mischievous demons possessing straight people, so that they can commit the disgusting act of sodomy. Once a woman commits sodomy with her male lover her future baby will become infected with gay demon juice and that is where the gays come from... sinning straight people.

Straight people must repent from their sins to stop all of this gay bullshit, repent straight people repent, stop having children outside of marriage, women stop putting his penis in your mouth, men do not but your thing in women asses, women stop this women rights nonsense. Straight people must repent, repent, REPENT I SAY!!!!! Before it is to late.

18. PrettyPurple

I woke up at night, opened my eyes and saw a woman walking around the room and after a while fading and disappearing... and I've never ever in my life had hallucinations, even when I had a fever

19. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I believe in aliens, so, basically, mythical creatures could be considered common creatures in other planets/worlds. In our planet, however, I believe only in ghosts, that is, wandering souls of humans who have died.
    Monsters could exist alright, we've only explored 5% of the ocean so...

20. SpiritEnergy

All of them. There is so much we don't know. The universe is big, we don't know all it's mysteries.

I believe in ET's and have pictures. I believe in fairies and there is no soul that will make me believe otherwise. I believe in mermaids. I believe that dragons were different kind of dinosaurs. I believe that Nessie is not just one, but many of that species that survived by hiding in underwater caverns. I believe!

#40 SpiritEnergy, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015