1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT+ School Coming Out Experiences?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by grungeteen, Jul 28, 2015.

1. grungeteen

So I just wanted to know what experience you guys had of coming out in school and being openly gay/bi/pan/trans (and all the others I haven't mentioned).

Were people accepting?
    What were their reactions?
    Were you seen/ treated differently (by students or teachers)?
    We're you bullied or harassed because of it?

I am planning on coming out to the entire school as bisexual when the new school year starts (I'll be starting Year 10 or my 'freshman' year for all you Americans) and I just wanted to hear about other people's experiences and their stories. Feel free to share! :slight_smile:

2. alli o

alli o Guest

I have not come out yet and I am also starting my freshman year and I just want you to know that aspire (but know I am not ready) to one day be open and confident like you plan to be!
    ~I wish you luck

3. AJ2014

I came to my friends only in year 11 but my mate hes a gay male came out in year 8 didnt go amazingly but I think I could have in year 10and things would have been cool most poeple are over that picking on stage of the younger years but it depends on your school my mate got a lot less hassle as the years went on. But tell your mates first and if anyone does start to pick on you go to a teacher straight away they have a legal requirement to stop it.
    Good luck with coming out and the exams over the next two years.
    Hope this has helped