The Common "I Can't Tell If He Likes Me" Thread

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Priceless, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Priceless

But yes, I have the problem. I'm a closeted Gay and I believe my friend is too, but could you help me figure it out? I know I won't know until I ask but any help will do.

We were watching a movie yesterday, and before that we were just talking about life, and then we put on a a show first actually. I grabbed him and put him on me and he stayed there, and then we got a little more comfortable and then he just laid on me with his head on my arm. Then later, after the show, we put on a movie and then I did the same thing again and then I held his hand, and put my head against his and we were still laughing and everything, but he did nothing! He kept asking if he was hurting me, which proceeded me to ask if he was comfortable and wanted to move, to which he said he was fine and didn't want to move.

Then when I got up, he held me back but did so in a way that positioned his arm, behind mind and I laid on it and held his hand again.

So help! T_T

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Sounds more intimate than these common thread experiences normally do. I'd say he's into you, unless you're simply really great friends. How long have you known him?

3. Priceless

About two years now, and we are best friends, but I don't know, it seemed a little more intimate like you said, like there was some sort of unspoken connection there that was more than friends. Could just be me being too hopeful, though.

4. Cider

You could ask him how he feels about gay rights. If he supports it, that might be an indicator. Another thing to remember though, is that some people just are comfortable with touching others.

5. Priceless

I'll keep that in mind.

I mean, we'll also text each other and says extremely nice things which he usually follows with an "Awww!" and actually he usually needs to wash his hands all the time because he's a slight germaphobe.

6. Cider

I hope you two end up together! You seem like you could be a good couple. :grin:

Good luck!

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say he's into you. Holding hands would usually be the giveaway, because if he wasn't into you he wouldn't be allowing you to hold his hand.

I think my final question for him is if he was into guys, and watch his eyes. If he looks down to your lips, I'd get in there and press my lips against his.

8. Priceless

Will definitely be on the lookout for that.

Not sure if this matters, but sometimes when we would be laying with eachother, people would occasionally come downstairs and he would quickly move away from me, or if he heard people near the upstairs door and he would check to see if anyone came down.

9. Fentrion

It does seem like he likes you. But it also looks like he is not comfortable with his sexuality, which can be a deal-breaker even if he does like you.

Maybe you can take it slow, enjoy his presence and try not to get emotionally invested until you're certain of his intentions.

10. Priceless

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, I'm taking what I can get. Even if it's just him laying on me, or vice versa, it still feels amazing to be near him. Just wish I knew for a fact, though it seems like he does, I can't be too sure.

I've made it clear that I accept him no matter what, and he's said the same for me.

11. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Wow, this sounds so great.
    I'm so happy for you man, I really think there's some vibes there.
    Best of luck with him. Dont read too much into him being apprehensive or cautious.

P.s. I ship it :grin:

12. Priceless

Thank you! I hope everything will go smoothly with him. :slight_smile:

13. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow you two sound great things seem to be moving great! But it takes 2 to make a relationship work so maybe you should throw some hints too. But not too obvious just in case he may only think of you as a really good friend.(*hug*)

#13 Nero360, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  14. Jeffreycominout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He sounds like he's into you based on what you said. You may have a chance.

15. Priceless

Thanks guys. :slight_smile: I really hope this works out with him, though I'm still unsure if he is, your comments have definitely helped me!