1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

testicle lumps

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by YunoGasai, Jul 27, 2015.

1. YunoGasai

for quiete a while now i have had a small hard lump on my left testicle, its small and have not felt any pain from it so i just left it not thinking it was dangerous. now theres a second one like it on the same testicle but it hurts a little bit when i feel it(kinda sharp pain) so I'm wondering if anyone knows what this could be or if you have any experiences like this. and if it it dangerous and need to get it checked how would i do so since i never really go doctors.
    any help would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Maeve

Please get it checked out by a doctor. Testicular cancer is most common in young people, but it is very treatable if caught early. Your doctor can also show you how to do a proper self-exam.

3. YunoGasai

so how do i find a doctor?

4. Gen

Gen

Although it could possibly lead to an uncomfortable conversation, I would highly recommend asking your parent or legal guardian to make an appointment with one.

5. Foz

Foz Guest

I've had my share of "bollock bother", especially due to the fact it doesn't hurt that is a red flag as contrary to belief testicular tumours don't cause pain. Since you're 16 you don't have to take your parents with you, but I would strongly advise you to tell them, do you know who your GP is? Failing that it may be worth calling 111.

6. YunoGasai

the only gp i have been to is about a 45 min walk in the village over but theres about 3 that are 15 mins away and one of them said that if i go tomorrow between 10;30 and 12;30 they will just see me anyway.

7. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, sounds good. There are various things that it could be, most likely it's nothing to worry about - but you have to go get these things checked to make sure. You don't want to take the risk. :slight_smile: Honestly, you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

8. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

I hope you do go, I remember this sad story from a couple of years ago. The guy waited a long time because he was embarrassed but it was too late. Not trying to scare you but should definitely be checked out as soon as possible.

9. HardToSay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does testicular canceer end in castration?

10. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

From what I could quickly read online it does seem like, if cancer is found in a testicle, the affected testicle is removed. Castration usually means cutting off both testicles, so technically it wouldn't be castration if only the one affected testicle is removed.