1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm tired of caring.......but I can't just stop :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sashafr, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Sashafr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I debated with myself to post this anon. but figured it'd be better to just accept my feelinga in this post as mine. I'm f***ed up and I've been angry at myself for the feelings that I have for other guys for a long time now ( there are more reasons but let's not go there). Recently I have been thinking about just my general lack of feeling for life anymore and how everything just seems apathetic. I don't want to be a jerk to people but I'm pushing people close to me away because I can't come out to them and they don't know why I'm lashi g out. I've tried meeting guys near me online and in gay bars with friends but the guys I met were either not my type or shady as hell. I'm sorry for ranting but I just want to anyone's advice on how to actually give a damn anymore and to meet someone who I can talk to.

2. Vapid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ayy! Gandalf!

*clears throat* So, to be clear, you're frustrated because you're single. Your orientation simply puts your love life in Hard Mode. Given the world we're in, waiting is the number one piece of advice. Wait until you're in college with a local LGBT group. Wait until you can afford your own place near the gay village of your city. Et cetera.
    For your apathy, you can either actively focus on things you enjoy or just let yourself simmer. Eventually, you'll bounce back. Just try not to hurt anyone on the way.
    For lashing out: Wake from your battle-sleep. Realize that your reaction may not be appropriate and, instead of lamenting over your actions later, stop yourself before things go downhill. I hope this helps (or, at least, makes sense)

3. Sashafr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Orlando......