1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling alone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Confused239, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Confused239

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ive been feeling so alone latey ive never had a g/f or anyone to really make me feel special. I see all my friends have found someone. I just feel so alone like i will never find my special someone. I just want to feel loved. But on top of it i just dont connect very well like im an intovert. Sorry this has been really bad the last few days and just need to get it off my chest thanks for letting me rant.

2. Romin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been feeling the same way lately.
    I haven't had a gf before either. I don't know what it's like to have someone you love like that and I desperately want it.

I don't know how I can really help you, because I know that mostly anything I say won't do any good. Lonely is lonely. I just remind myself to be patient. That's all I can really do. But know that no matter how far away having that person beside you seems, it will happen someday. And it'll have been worth the wait.

Good luck and loads of hugs :slight_smile: No one is alone.

3. OnyxPhantom

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hhhh, I just want to stop by here to say don't give up your hope!!!

I was recently feeling the exact same way; I'd never had a girlfriend/boyfriend/etc before and thought I'd never find someone, and be alone for many years to come.
    I had felt hopeless and just gave up on looking for someone because I thought no one could like/love a person like me, even if I could allow myself to even enter a relationship because of my dysphoria (and for fear of disappointing them because of this).

Recently (This week!!!) I found out it wasn't true at all and just found love when I least expected to!
    I don't want to sugar-coat this, because I can't say who it will be, or even when it will happen, but please please, don't give up! Everyone has a chance at finding someone.

I am shy and introverted too, but I think it could help to do something like attend clubs (for hobbies & interests) and meet people there that have similar interests as you. It's much easier to connect with people if there is a shared interest, and something special could blossom from there. :slight_smile:
    And as Romin said, be patient, the wait is definitely worth it!

That's all I can say for now, but I wish you good luck, and I hope some other people here can also provide more/better advice. (*hug*)

#3 OnyxPhantom, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  4. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I found my first boyfriend at a trading card store. We'd play together on the weekends till our relationship blossomed into love. Sadly there were complications and we had to split up. I am feeling kinda forsaken now as I am going through the process of transitioning alone. I know hope isn't lost because I met some really nice new people at a weekly LGBT drop in. Much hugs. (*hug*)

5. Bastian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, same here. I don´t believe I´ll ever find anyone special. And I´m feeling lonesome, like the last man on Earth.
    I don´t know what to do.

6. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going to tell you something that no one else will be able to, okay?
    Stop looking, just stop it. Before you get yourself a girlfriend, you need to love yourself first. You cannot just get a girlfriend because you want to feel special, no. You have to feel special already before you have someone. Before you date, make up a purpose for why you need a girlfriend. The purpose shouldn't be because you're lonely and you want to feel special, it should be because you're ready to be with someone who respects themselves too. Why do people date? Because they're trying to find the person they're going to marry some-day, right? You can't let yourself feel down, because people will take advantage of you. Don't make yourself small, please don't. If you really want a girlfriend, you have to know that you're beautiful. Say that to yourself. Go look in the mirror and say to yourself that you're beautiful. Say this until you actually believe it. I'm in the exact same situation as you, but I've seen people get taken advantage of because they didn't feel okay with themselves already. Please don't be that person that let's themselves become vulnerable. That's all I've got to say. Thank you for reading this. And remember that you're beautiful, and always will be.​

7. Bastian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Doesn´t work for me, sorry

8. Confused239

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just take it one day at a time right now but sometimes it hits me really hard, but scaryclosets is right i dont feel pretty or special yes i got a good job but im not completely happy with my self i feel so closed in sometimes i feel like a women i want to be a women but when i look in the mirror all i see is an overweight fat guy. So im working on changing myself ive lost 50 pounds so far. I consider myself a intovert as i hate groups of people and have a hard time talking and connecting with people which i believe ztems from being pucked and and bullied my own youth.

But i relized that i have to change for me and not anyone else but i want to lose weight so that when i ever decide to transition i will have an easlier time passing.