1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old love has me lost

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnotherQueer, Jul 23, 2015.

1. AnotherQueer

Perth, the weirdest and furthest place from
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So hi,
    I'm having problems with what to do about this guy who I met, just once, about a year and a half ago, but yet I still think about today, almost everyday. Right now, I'm sort-of dating another guy, called S, but the feelings and memory of the guy I met once, I'll call him O, still remains in my head and I'm worried it is affecting my current and future relationships, and that ideally I'd like to be with O, but I have no clue what to do about these feelings, how to contact him without seeming weird, and how to not hurt anyone too much.

I find this all frustrating, and I wish I could wipe my memory so that I could move on, but that is not an option. What do you peeps think?
    Any tips? Or wise words of wisdom?
    All help will be appreciated :icon_sad:

2. j13

j13 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tough situation - one I can empathise with. I think it has to be your decision. If you cant stop thinking about O, maybe there is some unresolved feelings. Is there a way you can meet him and see if things have remained the same. Sounds like you need to get it out of your system.
    How serious is your new relationship with S. Do you love him? Are you willing to take the risk on O? Tough situation man. Im sorry that you have found yourself in it. I am in a similar position myself.

All the best.
    From a fellow Aussie
    oi oi oi

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in the exact same position. I am in a great relationship with my current boyfriend, but when I still think about the guy I had feelings for. However, he is with someone else right now because a while back he didn't want to scare me off by telling me he had feelings for me, and that pissed me off because I didn't want to scare him off either.

Now that we're both in no position to see each other, I can't help to think that what if things worked out differently? Ahh all of this is so nostalgic, it brings back all the feelings I have for him.

But I think of it this way: I don't want to throw away what I have right now for something that might not even work out. I'm learning to accept that these feelings will come back here and there, and it might not even leave me, but I certainly learned from the experience, and that was to be honest from the start which has proven a success cause I'm very happy with my boyfriend right now :slight_smile:

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you should talk to your boyfriend about this and see what he has to say. I recently began to talk to the first boy I fell in love with and surprisingly, I don't feel anything towards him, so I'm over him. It's likely that you'll get over him if you talk to him.

5. AnotherQueer

Perth, the weirdest and furthest place from
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I do like the current guy I'm seeing, but we're not yet bfs. Yesterday we had a quick chat about us and how we feel, and he was telling me all the things about me and I realised that he is something new, to me at least, because he was opening up. So I'm going to open up to him and tell him everything that he deserves to know.
    I somehow don't think that O will ever have the same feelings for me, but I don't know. I can't be sure because it's been a very long time since seeing to him or even messaging him. I guess I would lie to move on or gain some closure because there still remains the little bit of hope that holds me back from getting hope with another person.
    This has helped me very much, and I thank you all.