1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nasty Politics

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sebulba, Jul 22, 2015.

1. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Agreed. This whole trigger warning thing is getting out of hand. When I read it, I thought that I was missing something because all I read that might have been "triggering"" was the same exact words he used in the trigger warning. Like, what?

Anyway, I forgot that they used to duel back then, that must've been one heck of a sight. I would've seen that, especially now, I'd like to see all those politicians battle it out, that would be entertaining.

2. alilnervous

I will say that that comment probably coulda passed :lol: I just read it.

3. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's true that he owned slaves, he was a bon-vivant philanderer and also true that when he died, he left his family in debt to the then-astronomical sum of a quarter-million dollars (they had to be evicted from Monticello). He was no saint by any means.

But...he also authored the declaration of independence, and fought for and won the constitutional separation of church and state. He also founded a university and was an amazing scholar.

In sum, a flawed human being who did some pretty important things to bring about the grand experiment which is the United States.

5. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah Jefferson was an asshole but that portrait of him in that fur coat remains to this day the greatest pic any president had ever taken

6. Rapha Lover

That's so complicated.

But these two politics are 1800's era. What you expect? Their respect people who are suffered prejudice? Was other epoch, totally different from us! Of course, see politics act with prejudice in nowadays is inappropriated.