1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Transgender individuals do not have a hormone imbalance

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Par, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  2. BluhImCourtney

... okay. Wait. I'm not even done reading it, but it says something about the hormone levels being akin to others of the assigned gender... well of course, I mean, the gonads still produce the same type of hormones as others with the same gonads... the testes still produce testosterone, and the ovaries still help in producing estrogen...

Why was that even a myth or even an idea in the first place?

3. RainDreamer

I am not sure what this research is trying to achieve...

I got tested for hormone imbalance a few time too but there was nothing out of place either - much to my dissapointment

Maybe they are trying to confirm that transgenderism is not caused by hormone imbalance in puberty?

4. Im Hazel

I thought it was a hormone imbalance in the womb?

5. BluhImCourtney

Yeah... so this research doesn't make any sense. Because the hormone levels in the womb affected the brain development in terms of identity; the physical aspect is what we're trying to change. Studies have already shown that it's the case about hormones in the womb (I think). Sooo... yeah. ._.

6. Im Hazel

7. BluhImCourtney

The research here still doesn't make any sense because of the same type of hormone-producing gonads. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So my point still stands. So ha. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Im Hazel

I wasn't arguing! <3 I can't refute that point because it is obvious. I was merely pointing out that some studies do not prove the things people say they often prove. There is no 100% verified "reason" for why people are trans*.

9. Sorceress of Az

I don't believe it is caused by hormones,
    why are they doing the study?

I personally think transgenderism is caused by either unseen differences in dna, that trigger the brain to feel like a gender, or that it is caused by the brain or both,
    I also feel that even if we had the technology to change those types of things doing so would be unethical because it would fundamentally change the person.

10. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have a hormone imbalance. At least not in terms of testosterone. If anything I have too much estrogen. (Which causes a lot of issues for me.)

Still I'm glad they're trying to put to rest the ideology that there's a medical cause for being transgendered.

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are some people that believe that people are transgender because their hormones are imbalanced. This is probably what this study was trying to prove wrong.

12. DoriaN

Because some people, even people on this site, think that because their testosterone or estrogen must be low, and they have some physical feminine/masculine properties typically reserved for the opposite sex; that it must make them trans or more prone to being trans. The study shows that it's nothing more than coincidence, but it does not address hormones in the womb.