1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Two LGBT Books Will Remain in Texas Library Despite Christian Push to Censor Them

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Linthras, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Linthras

Linthras Guest

[YOUTUBE]7oTuJYgcy9Q[/YOUTUBE]

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! They have no problems "indoctrinating" young kids with their religion.

3. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pfft "indoctrinating children". Not dissing all religion or anythig but... isn't that what churches like those do best.

4. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  5. Ryu

Ryu

If they did, that'd be like saying (especially in texas) 'we should bans from talking about guns or showing guns around minors because it'll make them mass murderers'

Remember, this is texas. If that happened people would die.

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fundies are so darn crazy.

If we so much as try to think an idea that isn't in their hivemind, they shout out how they're being "oppressed" despite being the majority.

If we have two positive books in a library with hundreds of books, many of which are likely theirs, suddenly we're "indoctrinating their children" because that totally isn't what they do on a daily basis at all. If we tried to censor them like they censor us, they'd flip their shit.(These nuts)

If we make an open-minded organization to help people they've stomped on think for themselves again, and realize their lives matter despite the fundies telling them they're lesser beings... suddenly it's "bigotry" (Thanks to the absent-minded AFA for this one)

If we gain some of the rights they've always had, suddenly we've somehow crushed all of their human rights, pushed their religion out of the country and made them an "oppressed minority" even though they're still the majority, and they still have more rights than us.

And in the end they never have an ounce of valid evidence for a single one of their backwards claims. Yet they still have a place in American politics.
    I merely question why the government continues to take a group so out of touch with reality seriously. Separation of church and state, people.

To this day, somehow the U.S.A still doesn't legally recognize Westboro Baptist as a hate group. The KKK is still allowed to exist for some reason. Why? Religious immunity. Because you can twist that repeatedly translated ancient text to say whatever you please, and ignore the parts you don't like.

Rant over.
    (As usual, Christians, I am talking about fundies, and fundies only.)

7. Rygirl

Because they got the money. It's they same with gun laws, even though over half of the general public is in favour of restriction on automatic weapons, it will never happen because of the gun lobby and all of their money.

I'm just grateful that in this case, deep pockets didn't win.

8. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow, I hope that children will never come into contact with the books. Just let the parents teach them about it not have some silly little books do it for them. I don't think sexuality should even be brought up when they're children, just let 'em figure it out.

9. Formality

It's weird that I'm still baffled by "the crazy" that religious fanatics spew considering the things I hear from them on a daily basis. This woman has a sister that is gay and she can still stand there and say all of that out loud for everyone to hear and not understand how horrible of a person she is for doing so. That's damn wack... she's damn wack.
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added 22nd Jul 2015 at 03:01 AM ----------

What are you talking about? The reason there is so much bullying towards LGBT children is because there's insufficient education on the matter of LGBT. What? Is it better that they make up their own version of what "the gays" are? Obviously there has to be more and PROPER education on LGBT for students.

If only school had had sufficient sex ed maybe I wouldn't have fallen into the pit of self hatred and depression because maybe, just maybe I would have realized when I got these feelings that there wasn't anything wrong with me. There's no doubt about it. All schools need to have proper sex ed and teach children what LGBT is.

10. Gen

Gen

Is the heterosexuality that children are exposed to every single day not a sexuality? Or is it only deviant sexuality that children need to find out for themselves?

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever many parents teach their children misinformation about homosexuality, such as it being an abomination and a sin, I believe it to be in the public interest for the school system to teach these children to accept people's differences and to teach them tolerance. These two books, while they might be 'silly' to you, help young kids learn about being LGBT and to tell them that it is normal, and something they should not be ashamed of if they are, and if they aren't it's something they should respect other people for. Obviously these books are not going to have depictions of relationships that are age inappropriate, so I don't see the problem, honestly. What you said could have easily been said about books made in the 1970's saying that interracial relationships were normal. "I don't want my kids to learn that Sally and Jamal can get married! Let me teach them about that (and teach them something bigoted)! "

12. RainDreamer

So LGBT books in a public library is indoctrination but the bible everywhere is not?

13. Rygirl

You took the words right out of my mouth.