1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Break Up Feelings

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nekokoneko, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Nekokoneko

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really have a question, maybe I just want to vent my feelings a little. About a month ago my first girlfriend and I broke up. It was partially because of distance (6 hours by train), partially because of money (neither of us could afford to go to visit the other), and so it just felt that the timing didn't work out. Right after it ended, I felt sort of relieved actually because it was becoming very stressful for me, I felt horrible about not being able to see her ever and stuff. But only three weeks after we broke up, she started dating someone else. I don't feel jealous particularly, like that feeling of her new boyfriend is getting what used to be mine or something. I just feel really hurt. It didn't even take her a month to replace me in her heart. I've been suffering from a bad relapse of depression and anxiety (another contributing factor to our breakup), and a really huge issue for me is feeling like I don't matter to anyone. I'm glad that she is happy and she isn't doing something like waiting for me to come back to her, but it just really hit me on a surprisingly painful level to see that she had already moved on so thoroughly.

2. Sek

Sek

I'm so sorry you are going through this. This kind of depression and uncertainty is something that takes time to get over so don't pressure yourself. When you are ready to move on, you'll know because it will feel right. Maybe that happened soon for her, maybe not. You don't know for sure what she feels and why she is doing what she's doing. It could be a rebound relationship, a way for her to try to deal with feeling like she is missing something after you broke up, it could be anything. Point is you shouldn't take your own conclusions if you don't know them for sure.

But irregardless, you should focus on yourself for a while! Keep yourself well, treat yourself in healthy ways, pay attention to what you're doing and what you want rather than what she's doing and what she wants. Good luck with the next part of your journey. (*hug*)

#2 Sek, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  3. Nekokoneko

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you :slight_smile: Yeah I've actually never had this feeling before so I'm not really sure how to deal with it. It's not really helpful during this current relapse into depression/anxiety, it's really just adding fuel to the fire >< But I'll try to keep all those things in mind!