1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Documentary on Mixed Orientation Marriages

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Autonomy, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Autonomy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,
    I’m currently producing a documentary about people of different sexual orientations that got married. Mixed Orientation Marriages.

It’s a respectful look into the lives of those affected by having married someone of the opposite orientation. I'm currently looking for people in Southern California that would be willing to tell their story on camera.

I would simply need a couple of hours for the interview on camera, and it's important
    that the other spouse would also make themselves available.
    (It would not need to be at the same location or time if that is uncomfortable!)

I am happy to speak with your personally.
    I can’t thank you enough for your consideration.
    There are so many important lessons and stories that need to be shared,
    that I think will help a great deal of people that would see this.

If you'd like to participate, since I'm not allowed to place an e-mail address here, please send me a private message and we can coordinate speaking.
    Sincerely,
    Rick Scott

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I do not fit your criteria, but just out of curiosity, are you looking or gay - straight couples specifically, or also gay - bi couples for example?

3. Autonomy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, It runs the gamut off all - Bi, is also fine. Good question! Not straight couples- only when 1 of the 2 are straight- it must be mixed orientation.
    gay/straight straight/bi

4. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

I really hope that people who are in this kind of situation will speak up, actually. I met my ex when he was going through that. It was really an amazing time in his life.

5. Autonomy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    are you still in touch with him? Is he in So Cal? think he might participate?

6. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

The break-up was in 2007 or so, and at this point, I'd give worlds to know whether he's even in good health. Wish I could get a response when I text him more than "Yeah, it could have been worse, but..." Huh? What dat mean?

However, I know that people who are going through that sort of situation are going through a fascinating, difficult and interesting time. I would be excited to see a doc on it. So few people know this story, which is virtually unknown.