1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello. I'm Wallace, from California

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Wallace N, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, good forum people :slight_smile:

I go by Wallace, I'm a 20-year-old college student (soon to be 21), and I'm from the Bay Area, California. I've known I was gay since I was 9 (I at least thought other boys were cute at that age) and I've been out since I was 13. I live in an area where coming out is not a big deal. Despite that, nearly all of my friends (of which there are not many) are straight and I've always been too shy to join any LGBT organizations or GSAs in real life.

I did once post on QA, QueerAttitude, before it shut down, but that was a long time ago and I never really kept up with posting on that site. Since this seems to be the most active LGBT site out there now, I figured I'd give it a whirl. I hope I'm not "too old" for this site, as I understand these sites are mainly geared toward closeted teens, which I am neither.

I am passionate about gay rights and LGBT issues. I study English and Classics--I love literature, poetry, philosophy, linguistics, and religious studies. I'm a bookworm and I appropriately work in a library.

I hope to get to know some of you--although I'm just as shy and awkward online as I am in real life.

Thanks for reading :thumbsup:

2. souverian

Hey Wallace! Saw you posting in other places on the forum! Welcome!

You're definitely not too old for this site; this place has a pretty wide range of members when it comes to age.

That said, hi. I'm a closeted teen.

3. Cider

4. Sevan

Hi Wallace! Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

This community is really cool and full of nice people, so I'm sure you'll make some good friends here pretty quick. Anyway, if you ever need someone to talk to or just want to chat, feel free to drop a line on my wall!

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! ^^

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi and welcome to EC! Glad to have you here.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you all. :slight_smile: I have only made a few posts, but already I can see this is a very accepting forum. :grin:

9. MetalRice

Welcome friend!

10. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    HELLO! :grin:

Everyone is welcome from 13 and up is welcome. You're definitely not too old for this at all! Hope you have a great experience on this site! I first stumbled on this site when I was really questioning myself and was scared as well. There used to be this little thought always at the back of my mind that God may not like me if I were to love someone of the same gender or anyone other than a straight guy.. So because of that I sort of I guess you could say denied it till just recently. Ive seen LOTS of amazing answers and now I strongly believe without a doubt that God would love me no matter who I love. Because if he didn't approve of this sort of thing then why would this exist?

When it comes to my sexuality, I only started researching or learning about it when I was 15. I thought I may have been bisexual at first considering I have had attraction to girls as well, but it didn't really feel like it fit as well.. Some memories I've recovered from the depths of my mind recently that I sort of did have a minimal crush on my loooong time ago best friend from 1/2nd grade. And then there was my best friend ive met in 7th grade. And although I can have an attraction to someone, I can't truly LOVE the person till I get to know the person. Personality is a HUGE factor for me and it doesn't matter who it is to me no matter what gender they identify as or lack of, race, religion, orientation, etc..

ANYWAYS, hope you have a great experience here as much as I have! That's cool what you're studying in college! *SENDING ENCOURAGEMENT VIBES* I'm still questioning whether I should go to college or not. But I do know that I want to take at least a year off of all things school after my senior year to see if I can figure things out.

11. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Welcome to EC!:smilewave

12. Ardi

Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! ^^

This is an awesome community; you'll love it here. :slight_smile:

If you need to talk about anything, or just want to chat, feel free to leave a message on my wall. c: