1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SabreBear, Jul 14, 2015.

1. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering if anyone here is familiar with the card game/tv series/etc of Yu-Gi-Oh.

I was cleaning out my closet the other day, and found all my old decks, which brought back a lot of memories.

I debated selling them (as I'm sure some of the cards I have could go for quite a bit) but they mean a lot to me, and I don't think I could part with them. Even all these years later.

Honestly I would probably try to get back into dueling if I could. But the only clubs that do duels are Pokemon and Magic The Gathering related.

But I was curious if there was anyone else on here you used to like/still likes the series.

2. souverian

I collected YGO cards when I was little without even knowing how the game worked. I still have them somewhere, I think.

3. conster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Played the card game a lot when I was younger up until 15. Sold my cards when I had the opportunity, was a fortune to play 'competitively' so to speak.

I watched the original series back in the day, GX, had a break and did not watch 5ds however got into it again with ZEXAL. Not too keen on Arc-V but not watched enough episodes to decide.

4. Helicoprion

Out Status:
    A few people
    I played up until a few years ago. The power creep was always terrible, but it started getting even worse. The current business strategy is to nullify all the powerful decks from the last year by banning key cards(usually scarce to begin with), releasing cards and decks throughout the year that completely overshadow almost everything before, and then rinse and repeat.

5. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I remember collecting some Yu-Gi-Oh cards back in elementary school. I wasn't too crazy about it but I was super crazy about the show. Unfortunately, my mom wouldn't let me watch it because she said it had too much violence in it and it wasn't 'til about middle school when I could watch it without the complaining.

6. alilnervous

Do you have any good cards? I dabbled and it was my fav of the card trends. Even Pokemon had nothing on Yu-Gi-Oh for me

7. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I grew up with yugioh I had collected a lot of cards and had a few decks played in 1 TCG tournament and 1 video game Tournament for the World Championship 2004 back when they used to make those games I never did any TCG tournaments after that though since cards tended to be very expensive to buy in order to have a good deck however I did play Konami's yugioh online 2 duel evolution and yugioh online 3 duel accelerator from 2007-2012 it was the official online version of the game and a lot cheaper than the tcg real life version was so played that for 5 years played a lot of in game tournaments and championships so that was basically my past time I would always be on there unfortunately Konami did shut down the online version back in september of 2012 since then I haven't played the game anymore if I ever do play again it'll probably be on ygopro which is a fan version of the game works like yugioh online and has all the current cards and rules that tcg game currently has also watched all the animes expect still have to finish watching Zexal those where great times :slight_smile:

8. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to watch the show and had the Yugi starter pack. I played it a bit too but was never any good. My favourite card was Change Of Heart, simply because I thought it looked pretty.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've banished a few people to the Shadow Realm.

10. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish EC had a like feature.
    Because this is the correct answer to any confrontation.

11. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I have played this is Gameboy and PS2. But I remember my friend teaching me how to play it, with all those trap cards and attack and block position and I was really confused! We were playing Magic the Gathering back then so I got really confused of the rules :grin: :lol: I was like... "So this Trap card is like an Enchantment card in MtG?" and "How can I cast is creature? There are no Land cards in Yu-Gi-Oh! Where do I get mana?!" LOL :roflmao:

12. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    One of my favorite shows in elementary school it seemed like everyone had a deck and for a while most disagreements were settled at lunch not through fighting but dueling lmfao looking back I find that pretty hilarious

13. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Still a huge fan of YuGiOh. I keep my rarest cards in my wallet, next to my ID =)
    Best years of my life.

14. Kaeya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ohh yeah I still have all my cards. I played with them till I was about 14 years old and then I got introduced to Magic The Gathering. I still play MTG xD

15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Like with Digimon, only like the original 2 series.
    Still play the card game now and then with friends.

16. Feln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I loved the tv series! I was soooo into it! Literally!
    And then I found the cards and just couldn't resist not hoarding them. We were exchanging cards with another kids in school, I still keep mine in the corner of my room in a big box.

17. Ryu

Ryu

I was playing earlier today during a lunch break...

18. Jellal

lol I remember Yu-Gi-Oh.

My neighbors were always obsessed with Pokemon as kids, then one day I came over to find them practically at each other's throats for a "Yu-Gi-Oh" card. And I wondered why they were so obsessed, and I was intrigued by the black hole style design on the back of the cards. Even as a kid I found the anime of Yu-Gi-Oh to be incredibly hilarious, how they would constantly act like losing their cards was physically hurting them.

I never got into it, but I ironically love singing the opening part of Yu-Gi-Oh GX to annoy my friends. "Chillin' out with the crew in the school yard ... findin' trouble, never workin' too hard."