1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this guy like me or just loving the attention?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dillno21234, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so there is this good looking guy that I work with. Nothing serious. Just part time and we're on the same level. I have developed a crush on him, mostly because I think he is very cute. Both personality wise and looks wise. Anyway, I have a strong feeling he may know. I found out that people think I like him, and I work at a very gossipy place. If he does know, he hasn't directly said it. Although he is very flirty with me, or at least I think he is. Whenever he sees me, he always says "hey you!". He says that to no one else. I don't know why he says it to just me, but it might be something. Likewise, whenever I'm leaving, he says stuff like "Nooo, stay with me for a couple more hours then you can go". Most recently, we were talking about one of his favorite shows, and how I've never seen it before. I said 'I would need someone to watch it with me, to keep me interested." and he goes "We could watch it together...I'm serious.", so that was a little interesting. Then I found out he's apparently seeing this girl. Which surprised me a little being honest. So I ask him casually "Are you seeing anyone?" and he says "Yeah I'm seeing this girl...are you dating anyone?" and I told him I wasn't. He was telling me a little about her, and he didn't seem too happy with her truthfully. So I don't know if he's actually bisexual, bicurious, or just straight and loves the fact I have a crush on him. Any opinion on this? thanks!

2. eyeofthetiger

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ask him. Let him know how you feel and see his reaction. It is really the only way.

3. for these types of "straights" the best thing you can do it be straight up with them. you have to cut the endless wondering. he is giving out gay vibes or atleast bromance vibes. so it's not like he is going to open up a can of whoop ass on you because you tell him you're gay. normally i would suggest a slow approach. coming out to him waiting to see how he feels about it blah blah blah. but now it's like eff it. next time you see the dude just say hey, i want to be honest with you and i hope you dont mind or get offended. but i think you're an attractive guy and very cool. not sure of your situation but if you are interested, i'd definitely be interested in getting to know you more." then he will say, "i'm straight bro or i have a girlfriend or cool lets hang out". but either way, you'll know. if he has a girlfriend you may be resigned to being the side piece of a$$ but if you're ok with that, that's on you. but atleast you know what up and that you told how you feel.

please now that many "straight" men like attention. all people do. even if they are straight and a hot guy gives them attention, they may not want to go through with anything but they feel flattered.

i had this bartender flirt with me in front of his girlfriend who worked there. he was very attractive and she was standing right there. he gave me free drinks. i never met him before. he complimented me on my clothes. then when i asked for the bill he said, "no, you can't get it". i said why not, he said, "because you cant leave me". and he smiled and winked at me. his girlfriend was standing right there. but again, he was "straight". bro a lot of dudes are bi and want to get off. they just do not know how to do it and maybe are afraid. if he says he is straight, just accept it and move on whether you believe it or not.