1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any games with trans* characters, stated or implied?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BluhImCourtney, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Was gonna mention them. The Magypsies left a bad taste in my mouth. It's like, by the dialogue it seems like they were just meant to be ambiguous, but the way they turned out made them seem like really bad drag queens. I mean, I know they weren't human but... still. Mother 3 is one of my favorite games of all time, but the Magypsies just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Especially since one of them pretty much raped Lucas.

2. GeneralAlly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As pretty much the only person to ever play the amazing GBA game 'Summon Night: Swordcraft Story', I'm not sure if they technically have a trans character, but if they don't, they come damn close.

Still rather early into the game, you meet this character named Razzy. It's not until kinda late in the second half of the game that Razzy's gender is revealed, and the game intentionally feeds you false information about it to confuse you. Throughout the game, everyone refers to her as a guy, and towards the second half of the game, we start seeing just how troubled she is with accepting her gender sometimes. I'm honestly not sure if she's trans, because she doesn't say that she feels like a boy trapped in a girl's body, but she does confess that she feels that just because she's a girl, everyone expects her to be pretty and delicate. She just wants to be strong and courageous, and she feels like her gender holds her back.

I'm honestly not 100% sure if she is transgender, because if you talk to her the previous couple nights leading up to the final night, you can help her realize that just because she's a girl doesn't mean she isn't strong, which implies that she's finally come to terms with being a girl. But at the end of the game, if you stayed with her on the final night, she'll ask before the credits if two boys can get married, which indicates that she is transgender. So I don't know what to make of it.

#22 GeneralAlly, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  3. thepandaboss

Of all the games I've personally played, Mario II and Birdo would have to be it. I like to imagine that Yoshi (even though he's technically a species not an individual although the green one is always the one who appears in side-games) could be a trans dinosaur, dumb as that sounds. So Birdo and Yoshi, in my head, are a trans couple.

I believe a side character in Pokemon Black is a trans woman. Her dialogue reflects that she used to be a Black Belt, a male class of character. Unfortunately, this was only in the Japanese version as far as I know.

4. Formality

Guild Wars 2 has a transgender character.
    [​IMG]

They also have a gay couple Marjory Delaqua and Kasmeer Meade, whom have a big a part in the story. They also have a character with a degenerative disease who is also a big part of the story, Taimi. It is really quite awesome if you ask me, that they thought this through and added these characters. Now I only wish they made male/female armor available for both genders. I want butterfly shoulders for my male toons, I was sad that only female toons got them :'I I also think that some armors are unfairly more awesome looking and thought through for females. But that's another discussion.