1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my life is just point less

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by yaoicore, Jul 11, 2015.

1. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

let's just put it this way there are lot's of stuff that is wrong with me I never want it to tell people this but I'm disabled yea I can walk around and stuff I ment the other disabled yea retarded that disabled the last time I talk to some one it was about my benefit's other then that I'm really a shame to tell people about it cause when they see me and the way I act they don't think wow that person is really slow what started my disabled is really simple it's all because when I was a new born baby I was a grey baby my mom told me that she though she would lose me I'm already retarded what else? as a kid I could never understand why I was called a special child I always had to work harder then the other's cause what ever grade I went to my mind was not on the level to understand it all because of what happen to me when I was born people have did nothing but pick on me they called me stuff like slow and dumb when I do talk to some one about my disabled they are usually people that work with mentally ill / disabled children and adults like me so they easily know that I am a shame of my ill ness like I said I'm already a very fuck up person

#21 yaoicore, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Yaoicore

if you have even one friend you regulary hang out with irl, you've got one more friend that I have. I haven't had a friend who calls me up to do stuff for a few years now. Quite socially isolated. I have learned how to nurture myself. Really. I counter the many negative thoughts that run through my mind every day, acting as my own 'advocate'. It can seem like a bit of a battle sometimes.

I wish it were not so but we all have days when we feel really rotten and simply must endure them. Then things get better again, and we feel happier. Eventually another bad day comes along, and we think it's all pointless...and so on it goes. An important part of life imo is to learn how to see the bigger picture when things are really bad - to see that the bad will not last, it never does. Eventually things will get better again.

This is a big site with a lot of members, and we don't normally ever get to actually meet each other here. But I do think there are many genuinely caring folks here. When I'm really down, I can get support from a whole bunch of folks here, some of them I know somewhat, some I don't know, but they all took the trouble to type up a supportive reply. That in itself is a form of caring, I think, even if it is coming from a relative 'stranger' it is real in that a physical person actually typed it.

Take your own side, so to speak. Fight the negative thoughts with positive ones. I have to do this every day, usually. Learn how to nurture yourself, so that whether you have friends or not, there can still be a bit of loving energy in your life every day, even if it's just telling yourself that really you're not that 'bad', that you are just as much in need of kindness as anyone else and that, when there seems to be noone else around to give it, learn how to give it to yourself. It's made me stronger, I think.

And having said that, yes strive to make your life into what you want it to be, yes. But along the way, learn how to feel the warm glow of kindness and compassion for yourself. This is not to be confused with self-pity (and I know all about that); pity focusses on how bad things are, whereas compassion is positive, aiming to relieve distress. It takes practice, but it's worth it.

I have not met you. I only just encountered your user name. But I know you are a human being in disress, I know I've felt that kind of distress often as well, and so even though we have never met I extend some loving-energy your way. May you be well. (*hug*)

3. BeingEarnest

Thank you for sharing more of your story.
    You have nothing to be ashamed of. And there is nothing wrong with you. You are perfect the way you are. People can be mean, and they can say cruel or thoughtless words. That doesn't make them right. Why let the worst that people can do define who you are? You are stronger and more courageous than all of them.