1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is everyone beautiful?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Batman, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be ridiculous to expect one person to find ever single other person beautiful. But I feel it's more important that every person can feel comfortable to think of themselves as beautiful.

Beauty really shouldn't be treated as an open competition.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think when it comes to physical appearances saying "everyone is beautiful" is technically true though because there is no such thing as a physical trait that is ugly to 100% of society. Someone will always find it hot, and some people will always find "traditionally attractive" things repulsive.

As an example, society says that big breasted women are sexy and small chested women are ugly and undesirable to men. Yet i'm a person who has the biggest A-cup fetish and gets turned on just by seeing random strangers with itty bitty titties. D cups are sexy to men, yet women who have them are so ugly to me I can't even imagine a relationship with one.

So technically everyone is physically beautiful, at least to someone. However, you would also have to say that everyone in the world is ugly to counteract it....because well, It's true too.

3. Gandee

Gandee Guest

No. 'Beautiful' is such an overrated word. People need to be told that they have 'worth/value' rather than 'beautiful'.

A better question would be does everyone have worth?

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It was a good piece of writing. Still, for some folks with non existant self worth to read such things is important. They do need to keep the illusion of beauty. Let them...

To me beauty without brains is like playing angry birds. Who wants to spend the rest of their lives playing angry birds?

Physical beauty is too overrated.

5. sheenak

Everyone has the potential to be either beautiful or ugly. Inner beauty comes through soon after meeting a person and doesn't fade with age.

6. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's definitely true, without reading the comments and with great fear, I say that.
    I guess scientifically we're all actually neutral with beauty being this made-up concept in certain ways at least, and all of us have separate factors that contribute to see someone as "appealing", but for all it's purposes, I do say and believe that. :slight_smile:

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this question supposed to be in any way meaningful? We're a bunch of f***ing chimps on a random planet in the middle of f***ing nowhere. Judging "beauty" is just another one of many superficial means of coping with our impermanent existence.

8. Van

Van

I just think that everyone has different perception of what's beautiful.

If you don't find someone to be beautiful/attractive/pretty, that's NOT because they are ugly/unpretty, but because they just don't meet YOUR criteria for beauty. And if you think that someone is ugly, that doesn't mean that everybody else thinks they're ugly.

Is everyone beautiful? Probably not. But is everybody beautiful to somebody? Yes! Different criterias, kids, that's it.

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does everyone deserve to be treated with respect regardless of how they look, because judging people's worth based on how well they match arbitrary beauty standards is shit? Yes. That's all.

10. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on your definition of beauty, really.

I saw this post on pinterest:

There was a picture of two girls. One, appeared to be a model, and she was attractive. Another, someone who wasn't entirely attractive and was fighting a serious disease of some sort.
    And it said "Reblog if you think this girl is just as beautiful as the other girl"

And one person's reply sums up my definition of beauty better than I could've ever put it:

"You know what? No. No, I do not think that girl is as beautiful as the woman on the right. And before you social justice bloggers come stampeding into my askbox, wondering how I could be such a heartless, b/tch- hear me out.

The girl on the left isn’t beautiful. The girl on the left does not have flawless skin, or blonde hair, or baby-blue eyes or a pair of double-d’s. What she is, however, is sick. And telling her that she’s beautiful as an attempt to comfort her? Is just plain cruel.

You’re telling her that she’s only redeemable when she’s beautiful. You don’t give a damn about her illness, no. You just want to sleep at night, thinking what a great person you are for lying to a little girl. Do you think that girl believes she is truly, in the eyes of society, beautiful? She doesn’t. And I dare someone to look me in the eyes and say she’s wrong. We all know she’s not beautiful, but we tell her otherwise, tell ourselves otherwise because we feel guilty and we think that, by “saving” this poor, ill child with false claims of beauty, we are better people because of it.

That girl is beautiful because she is fighting. She’s beautiful because she isn’t beautiful, not in all the physical ways we obsess over. She’s beautiful because of her personality- and that is why her’s is a life worth living.

Not because some stranger on the internet lied, and told her she’s “beautiful”."

11. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Physically, not everyone is beautiful.

Emotionally, not everyone is beautiful.

But most people have things about them that are beautiful.

Personally, though I don't think everyone is beautiful. If you have an ugly personality, then no matter how physically attractive you are, I will never be able to see you as beautiful.

---------- Post added 26th Jul 2015 at 08:15 PM ----------

Agreed. I hate those posts so much.

12. alilnervous

I'd agree with that. There are some very bad people out there. A lot of the times the worst are the one's who think what they are doing is noble.

13. AAASAS

I feel like the majority of people can be beautiful if you don't have an obviously massive physical deformity.

I very rarely think people are ugly and always pay attention to the best aspects of them. Sometimes I can't overlook weight though, I'll see a nice face, but the body is "gross" to me just because it's very unhealthy. Even if someone is overweight I see a "pretty" face or whatever. I am being serious when I say I very rarely find people ugly, it does not happen often, I don't have a hippie attitude either, I just am hardly turned off from people, if I was a monkey in the wild I'd have like 1,000 kids.

But I honestly feel like most people can be attractive in some way shape or form, and personality can really make a huge difference, some people that are mediocre to me become bomb shells because of how they act, if I admire their actions it's hard not to be attracted to them. I like a humourous, intelligent, or empathetic brain

#33 AAASAS, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  14. Posthuman666

Beautiful doesn't exist. It is a label used to define people who society deems better than the rest. Everyone is beautiful at the same time however. To me, everyone is born the same way as everyone else, so they are equal to everyone else. It is what that child does when as it ages that takes away.

Is a rapist beautiful? Yes. Beautifully disgusting. Beauty does not have to be a positive thing.

Moral of the story, everyone is equal until they ruin someone else, then their beauty turns to a different beautiful. An ugly beautiful.

15. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really good answer, I totally agree

16. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]
    ^ Definitely not everyone.

17. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That is powerful. And entirely true. People don't want the truth anymore (have they ever?).