1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Fear of Sounding Ignorant?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Taly, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really.

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad that you don't mind how others think of you! Just a small correction "i" should have been capitalized, I hope you don't mind me saying so, I always feel uncomfortable when people fail to capitalize the letter "i". I hope you don't mind my constructive critcism... :icon_redf

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The 'i' is what was wrong with that entire thing?! LOL.

4. RainDreamer

Not exactly. I try to be as knowledgeable about what I am talking about as possible, but I am not afraid to sound ignorant, because if I am indeed ignorant about something and it hurt people, then it means I should learn more about it, and keeping it quiet might not be a good thing. Some pain now, less problem later.

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Now that I think of it, the font was also a bit weird... I just didn't want to be overly critical. I mean, why use the "Comic sans MS" font when you can use "Ariel" which is so much cleaner and easier to read... :confused:

6. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because Comic Sans font is unbelievably cute.

*puts hand up in the air*

OK guys, I'm ready to be sacrificed.

>>>

But anyway; I hear what you guys are saying. o: Personally, I don't try to sound smart when I really am not on a subject.

I guess I've had quite a few - very - edgy people before in conversation.... I don't like debates, and I don't particularly like going up against strong-willed people, even though I'm anything but someone to be walked on in a conversation.

Meh

7. aeva

Absolutely! As somebody with anxiety issues, I'm constantly afraid of being sounding ignorant. I'm totally the type of person that will obsess over something stupid that I said 10 years ago, even when I know the other people involved have long forgotten. I'm really self-conscious about everything. I need to learn to change that, honestly.

Most of the time, I try not to speak about a subject I'm not knowledgable on (or will flat out admit that I have no basis for my opinion). This tends to work out ok, as I spend the vast majority of my time at my office, which is my comfort zone and area of expertise.

And Kaiser, I think your post made my brain want to crawl into a deep dark hole.