1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can any one point me to the thread for binder's

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by yaoicore, Jul 3, 2015.

1. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I would like to know were on earth do you find one of these so called ''ftm binder's'' or could you send me a link to a thread for them

I really would appreciate it

2. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello!

I know of two places, Underworks, and loveboat.

I have this one here, from Underworks, and it works quite well for me. It does compress your stomach a little bit too, which some guys don't like. Ultimate Chest Binder Tank - Best mens compression top - Underworks
    I also have one of these, which doesn't compress any lower than the chest, and just looks like a normal singlet :slight_smile:Cotton Concealer Chest Binder - Underworks

Theres this one too, which I don't know too much about. It looks like its compresses to between where the other two do, and has three layers in front, instead of two. Tri-top Chest Binder - provide maximum comfortable and extreme chest binding. - Underworks

Here's the website for love boat, although they're updating at present :slight_smile:LOVE BOAT LGBT Mind, Body, Soul Wellness & Chest Binder | ??? ???????????????????????

Underworks also has this, if you like swimming :slight_smile:Sleeveless Swim Top - Underworks

I don't know of any other places, but there may well be more :slight_smile: hope this helps!

3. suninthesky

There's probably hundred of thread somewhere around here concerning binders. If you're looking to buy one I reccommend underworks or gc2b. Just google search and the sites should come up. Is there anything specific you want to know? The sites should have sizing.

As far as safety, don't bind too tight, too long or too often. Also, it's worth it to spend the extra money on a better binder such as one of those two site. I've gotten the cheaper 5$ ones off ebay before, but I found that they hurt a lot and didn't breathe with me.

4. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

thanks for the help

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From personal experience, I highly recommend Loveboat. They're on the expensive side, but they're fantastic. I've had mine for at least three years now and it's still in great shape. You can also make specific searches on the site going by what your looking for. Do you want full length or half length? Do you prefer pull-overs, velcro, zippers or anything specific? Do you want something that has a lot of ventilation? This makes shopping a lot easier in my eyes. If you're on the bigger side, you might need to pay a bit more if you call into the "plus size" category, but it's not too shabby.

Underworks and GC2B are also wonderful and generally more affordable. T-Kingdom also sells binders, but I don't know much about them unfortunately. And in good conscious, I can't say I recommend the $5-$10 binders from ebay because people have had complications with them and you could hurt yourself.

6. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I would say I'm some were in the 30's I'm wearing a sport's bra so I really to much don't know what size I am

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Almost every site has an instructional list/chart on how to properly measure yourself to find the perfect fit for you (and all you need is a tape measure). If you fall between two sizes, get the size up to play it safe.

For me, I'm roughly a 42, putting me at a large with some websites to 2XL for others. With that said, it's important to know your numbers and read the provided size charts carefully so you don't get the wrong one by mistake. I know I pestered the hell out of Loveboat's support team for a week to make sure I was getting the right size (having to do conversions aside), and they were more than happy to ease my mind.

8. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

that is what scare me getting the wrong size all because I don't know what size I am I wish I could find one of my old bra's I want it to have this out of the way by the 9th cause it's my little sis birth day

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I'm 5/0 and my weight is 110 I think I might be 31-33

11. suninthesky

I'm 5'9", 135 and I think I'm a 31-33ish too (I also don't know, but I wear a small in target brand sports bras.) I'm a small in underworks. If I remember right it was a bit tight when I first got it (who am I kidding, all binders are tight) but after a wash or two it fit nicely.

I think based on our height/weight we're about the same frame size, but I'm not too sure.

Whatever you get, wash it and don't dry it. Sounds obvious but I was lazy and the seams in mine started to lose the elasticity after a year, year and a half. When this happens it shows through shirts more.

12. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I also wear a small in sports bras so I can put it in a washer but don't put it in a dryer?

13. thepandaboss

Hang it to dry. If you don't have a clothesline, I've dried my binder many times by sticking it on a clothes hanger and hanging it from either the shower rod or the top of the window. Also, gentle cycle on the binder. I typically wash it by itself and only use a little bit of detergent. No bleach if it's not white and you don't need to use fabric softener.

14. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

thanks for the info

15. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, never put them in the drier. And wash in cold water if you can. The elastic in the fabric can't handle heat very well and will begin to disintegrate and render the binder useless. This happened to me -sigh-

Also, I recommend thinking about getting it in grey if you are fair-skinned. It tends closer to your skin tone under shirts that see through a bit (like white). If you get a white binder, it'll show under white shirts for example. Of course, a black one will, too unless you are dark-skinned. I think nude is an odd colour for undershirts if it ever is exposed for some reason.

Seeing how you are in the States, some American companies will do exchanges if sizing concerns you. They should have the details of exchanges on their website somewhere, or you can e-mail them and ask.

16. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I highly recommend Underworks.
    I'm 5'9 and around 160 lbs with a 42 bust. Had to get around an XL I believe.

I almost put the thing in the drier lol. Then realized what ibid and hurridley took it out. Most of the time I wear sports bras just because I'm still breaking myself into the binder, but at home I wear nothing so long as I am not wearing a tank top (I find that impossible to do now anyway.)

17. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you can, I would try to measure yourself with a tape measure or something. This way, you can size yourself up on the charts. Each site has a different chart, so remember just because you are one size in one binder does not mean that you will be that size in all of them. Also, I would stay away from the cheap ebay ones, then can cause damage.

18. Xander27

Something I found, is you can get some of the brands that have been mentioned here off of Amazon for generally around 15 bucks, and you can pay for faster shipping :slight_smile:

19. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I'd probably find something so I can use it

I was just checking out the binder's that is on amazon I think I'd be buying my first from amazon cause the price's is reasonable

I have to remember that thanks for the tip

20. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you get a binder on Amazon, make sure it's someone selling one of the mentioned brands (Underworks, loveboat, gc2b). You might be able to find one of those binders cheap on Amazon but otherwise the binders you're going to find aren't safe. They're cheap because they're not good quality, and a binder is not a good time to get something low quality. You need a good one so its safe.

Definitely measure yourself to figure out sizing. Don't just approximate based on bra size or anything like that. Binders need to be sized correctly so they are not too tight or not tight enough.

Basic binding safety: don't bind for over 8-10 hours (and you need to work up to that, so only a few hours your first time, a few more the next day, etc.), don't bind while exercising, don't bind while sleeping, take it off if it hurts, if you hurt a rib stop binding until it's better.