1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex with coworker

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dapulu, Jul 1, 2015.

1. dapulu

Should I do it with a coworker?:confused:

There are no rules within the organization that state that you can't have a relationship with a coworker, neither it is looked down upon...except by my boss. There are close to 300 employees and there are a lot of couples: married, in a relationship, just together, threesomes, FWB...you name it.

There are a few guys here which I've been interacting with and there's this one guy, let's call him Jim, which is VERY seductive and always flirt with every being he likes. He's a bit of a man-whore, specially with guys. We don't work in the same area, but because of my position and activities I need to pay visits to his area regularly...so it's not as if we work in the same office or anything, we don't really see each other much througout the day. But as much as I like him, I feel that if I have sex with him, by the next day everyone will know about it. I work at a small town and he's not exactly discreet...And as I said before, my boss gave me advice by saying: "I don't eat where I crap", and I don't really want him to think that I'm the same as most of the guys who work here...but man I'm in a involuntary celibacy and he's so f*cking sexy...

What do you guys think? (!) or :eusa_naug

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Based on what you're describing, I probably wouldn't if it were me. :slight_smile:

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't.

Would it damage your relationship with your boss? Just how against relationships between coworkers is he? If you did, would you be okay with everyone knowing about it? Could you continue working with him if it goes badly?

Keep in mind that while you might be able to maintain a professional working relationship with him, he might not be able to. It doesn't sound like he's very good at maintaining professional boundaries already.

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having dated a coworker, I'd strongly caution against it. If anything goes sour with your relationship, it can make work situations very uncomfortable. I had a deployment about a week after my ex girlfriend broke up with me, and we ended up working in close quarters for a week and a half. This was extremely uncomfortable, especially since it caused me to fear her bringing up certain secrets I had to our teammates. (At the time I was still trying to pretend to be a straight, cisgendered male)

5. guitar

I've been around relationships that go south at work and it's never a good time. If you're just FWB with benefits and zero expectations on either side it can be okay. If either of you start to develop feelings and it falls apart, it could cause problems. To say nothing of your boss's recommendations. I would be cautious.

6. mapleluv

DON'T DO IT!!!!! If you have any doubt in your mind that it may not be a good idea, listen to that little voice. I've personally never heard of a situation where having sex with a coworker has worked out, ever.

And god knows I know how tempting it is when you're in a dry spell. My ex-assistant (who looked like a freaking Playboy model) brought me coffee & homemade muffins every day for like 3 months before literally throwing herself at me. And I still don't regret turning her down, I just know it would've turned out badly somehow if I'd slept with her.

7. Chicagoblue

Now that's self-control!!!:icon_bigg